DR Apt with Oncologist

kaneohegirl

Its official ... My dad has cancer we went to the Oncologist.... tentative diagnosis (cause the labs didnt get back till late today (after everyone went home an only the receptionist was there an she isnt allowed to read the chart ). But being a Cancer Dr he's seen so much of it. he has given a tentative diagnosis with a treatment plan to start Next week

It is Stage 4 Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer with metastisis to the Liver and possibly the Brain (we do a Brain MRI tonight at 7pm).

He will start Chemotherapy next week .

I was reading some... the literature says that with no treatment most live 2-5 months after diagnosis with treatment it can be doubled....some respond extremely well and the cancer stops spreading and it can hover...giving more time... it really depends.

Sorry you received confirmation of the bad news, but it is good that you now have a plan of action, and soon you'll put on your game face to do battle, right beside your dear father.

Statistics don't mean a lot in prognosis. Remember that it is just an average number. Every single cancer patient has very individualized circumstances, which all play in their longevity. HAVE HOPE!

I hope your dad does well with chemo and has many good years ahead of him.

There are promising treatments on the horizon. One of them is injecting us with nano sized iron particles that seek out tumors or cells any where in the body. Then a magnetic field is generated over the body and the tumors/cells are killed as heat is generated at the site by vibration of the iron particles. It is way cool. I have heard that human trials are beginning. This treatment would be able to kill off all cancer in someone with stage 4 disease. It would be a paradigm shift in cancer treatment if it works as envisioned. I would guess that it will be available in 3 to 5 years. Hang in there. Here is the web site of the company that is developing the technology.

http://www.tritonbiosystems.com/InfoPatients.htm

Don M

"Don M"]I hope your dad does well with chemo and has many good years ahead of him.

There are promising treatments on the horizon. One of them is injecting us with non sized iron particles that seek out tumors or cells any where in the body. Then a magnetic field is generated over the body and the tumors/cells are killed as heat is generated at the site by vibration of the iron particles. It is way cool. I have heard that human trials are beginning. This treatment would be able to kill off all cancer in someone with stage 4 disease. It would be a paradigm shift in cancer treatment if it works as envisioned. I would guess that it will be available in 3 to 5 years. Hang in there. Here is the web site of the company that is developing the technology.

http://www.tritonbiosystems.com/InfoPatients.htm

Don M

WOW!! Thanks for this information :D

Rochelle

Most of the statistics on the internet are not even any longer pertinent. There are so many people out there that are long term survivors, even I, am more hopeful with my husband's SCLC. Blessings to you and your Dad.

Laurie

welllll got the results from the biopsy finally... not the adenocarcinoma like he had first thought. they have dx Large Cell LC. sooo now I need to know more about this one... I found alot of info on the adeno but am having a hard time finding things for the Lg Cell anyone have some good pages out there?