Getting to Know You - May 8

Ann

Always!! Someone told me that if you find a penny-doesn't matter if its heads up or down-that someone in heaven is letting you know they are watching over you. It always seems that when I'm at my lowest, I find a penny and it lets me know my brother is taking care of me from up above.

I absolutely always pick up a penny from the ground. There have been times that I almost passed one by but then I turned around and picked it up. I guess I always think of my roots when I see money like that. I think of how much one penny would have meant to my grandfather. I think of the candy I bought as a child with only one penny. Somehow, passing up a penny makes me feel that I've somehow become too high and mighty to see the importnace of a penny and how those pennies make dollars. Plus, I always seem to have something good happen after I pick up a penny.

LOL @ Val...maybe you SHOULD bend down and pick it up???? LOL

I usually do if it's heads-up...but it all just reminds me of Mom who taught me not only to pick up the "lucky penny"...but to NEVER, NEVER, NEVER leave a "win" on a slot machine!!! LOLLLLL

i always pick up a penny... i believe they are "pennies from heaven" and they are a loved ones way of letting you know they are close by... I have to say - I have found pennies in some pretty weird places since Daddy passed, so now more than ever, I always pick them up.... and smile :wink:

Absolutely! I don't care if it is heads or tails. By the time I could see which side was up, I would already be bent down, so I may as well go for it. Furthermore, if I am with someone, it is good luck for both the giver and recipient to give the penny to a companion. My mom keeps the pennies given to her in a separate pile. I just spend them.