Getting to Know You - May 9

Ann

LOL like Rich I fill it up at around a half a tank. My dad used to have a saying that I will never forget. My brother ran out of gas one time and called dad to bring him some. As dad was pouring the gas from the can into my brothers gas tank in his low, gruff voice he said "It cost the same to fill the top half as it does the bottom half"!

PA is a pump it yourself state. Hate to pump it myself, especially in cold weather.

I almost wait until the 'YOU HAVE TO GET GAS NOW!' indicator comes on. This is how I live dangerously at my age. LOL

Earl liked to see how many miles he could go with the Get Gas Now Light and Binging was on. And he never ran out of gas.

I only fill it up when absolutely necessary.

I've found out you CAN go below the red line and even past the indicator that tells me how many miles I have left before I run out. (Knocking on wood over here :D )

I usually start thinking about filling up when I get to the 1/4 tank mark. The key word here is "thinking"...lol! I usually wait until I'm really afraid I'll run out before I fill up.

Since mine is the vehicle that goes everywhere (it gets better gas milage than the old pickup the husband drives) I make sure it always has a full tank, or at least half (!) so I can take off and get where I need to go without having to stop and put gas in when it's inconvenient!

Well I am one of the lucky ones. My company pays for my gas, so I can fill it up anytime. Also I just sit in my car (Jersey girl here), we don't pump

gas. We even get our oil checked and our windows washed and our gas is the cheapest around.

tada...

Maryanne :wink:

I used to wait till my gas light came on then I would go 20 miles when it came on and knew I had to get gas. But my gage started not to work on me about two months ago and I knew I had about 15 miles left...... then I ran out of gas :shock: so much for those 15 miles huh! So I get $20 in gas and know I have about 100 miles that I can drive it has not failed me again :D

Heidi

I'm usually about a 1/4 tank person but I don't worry if the indicator pings on me (that little gas tank figure is kinda cute), I swear that sometimes I'm running on fumes!

Ginny, like Earl, Richard likes to play the "how far can I go after the light goes on" game.........one of these days he'll find out how far he is from the next gas station that sells diesel :lol:

Way back in l978 when my father died, I learned to keep at least 1/2 tank in my car. We have a good hospital here but no trama center or heart center. Its 45 miles to the nearest one. If in the middle of the night someone (like my father did) needs to get to a major medical center you sure don't want to have to stop for gas. This sticks in my mind each time I see the 1/2 way mark on my car.

Nina

Boy, I hope Fred reads this thread. He's ALWAYS commenting on how my gas gauge is ALWAYS in the red. Nice to know so many of you are with me ~ running on fumes.

Hey Maryanne.......I wanna live in NJ. I HATE to pump and even when I find a place to pump for me.....no window washing or oil check. Darn it!

Kasey