I think ive hit the "anger stage"

crystleshoe

Well my dad is out of the hospital now and staying with me until we see the doctor next Tues. They say it is just pneumonia but he had to come home with oxygen. He is tired and he has aged so much since my moms dx. I just found out that he hasnt been taking his medication the right way since mom got sick( she used to make sure he did).They had been married 50 years and I think hes kinda lost now without her. They should be planning their yearly trip to Maine and taking long weekends together. Dad is getting ready to retire and now he has no one to enjoy it with. Mothers day is coming and I have no mother. There are so many things that she should be here for and she is not here. I am so pissed off that cancer still seems to have such a hold on my life. Not a day goes by that I dont think about it and now with Dad being sick I am so afraid it will be the same thing all over again. My mom should be here to take care of him and she is not, Thats what she did best and now I have to try to do it and I am not as good at it as she was. I know that maybe he would have gotten sick anyway but I cant help but think that its just another nasty side effect of cancer. not only does it suck the life out of the patient but it sucks the life from the people who loved them. I HATE LUNG CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry you are going thru so much. My dad died 2 weeks after your mom. It sucks. I am so dreading father's day. I hope your dad feels better and it's not anything too serious. I agree with you- cancer does suck... it just drains everyone around it. I'm sending you positive thoughts and hugs for getting thru this weekend. :) Michele

This could be the 'I Hate Lung Cancer' thread, huh? We ALL do hate it. I'm just so sorry you have to be at ANY stage dealing with this disease. Hoping you work through that anger and move on to whatever the next stage is. I suppose that would be progress????? Stinks, doesn't it?

Kasey

It is definitely not an elite club.... the I HATE LUNG CANCER CLUB... it is so far reaching, and there is so much to be angry about and it all comes down to two evil words, LUNG CANCER. It is just not fair.

I will keep your family in my prayers.