Non LC Part II or is it III

Geri

Decided a new thread was needed here as the other one was getting really long with all your wonderful good wishes.

I saw the surgeon today and the radiologist read my MRI (had new one last Monday) and found that there is another lump. He insisted on doing another ultrasound right then (bless his heart!) and then assured me that in his humble opinion he feels it's benign, at the same time he arranged for another biopsy tomorrow "to make sure I'm right" and then only because cancer has already been diagnosed.

The most news worthy bit of all this that I'm planning to take part in a research study that will take place along with the standard tx of lumpectomy and radiation. This will be cyroabalation to freeze the tumor and hopefully boost the imune system against any future breast cancer cells (in theory it sounds almost like a vacination). While this is very early days for this research in women it has proven effective in mice :roll::roll::roll: - don't know if I want to follow a mouse but what the hell, if it doesn't help me it may help future bc survivorship if not cancer in general and the risks seem fairly small compared with the possible gain.

So, that's where I stand right now. There's still much more clear in my ribbon than pink and, if I may, I'd rather stay here than go pink.......you guys know me too well and I don't want to start from scratch breaking in another group to my weird sense of humor.

I promise I won't keep writing about the pink cancer, clear is what we're here for so assume that as long as I'm posting I'm still on the green side of the sod.....don't worry I'm not going to let the pink one take me, that would just pis_ me off big time!

Thanks again for caring

Geri

Yes, Geri, you stay right here with your clear AND your pink ribbons. Heck, may as well add Richards's blue in there too. BUT just be sure you stay put!

I will say CRAP to the news of yesterday about another lump. I'm sure glad you're at a great place for dx and tx...............no messing around! The clinical trial sound interesting in spite of the mice thing :? !

I'll be sending you some new house vibes as you check out Boston this weekend. Make sure there's a nice guest room......ya never know just WHO might show us for a visit!!!!!

Good thoughts, positive vibes, and lots of caring from here, Geri.

Kasey

You gotta stick around totell me how the research goes. How about a Clear ribbon with a pink edge. Just a thought. My Lung Cancer ribbons on my car are purple. From LCSC too. Oh and don't think of it as being a mouse. What you are doing is being a pioneer like Lewis and Clark. Prayers and Big hugs.

I'm betting that the doctor wouldn't have said he thought that new lump was benign, if he wasn't almost positive it was! They're usually too careful to do or say anything they aren't "sure" of!

And as far as the "mouse medicine" goes, who cares if you grow whiskers, crave cheese, and have a lot of cats suddenly attracted to you??? :) As long as you get better, that's all that matters!

You have a terrific sense of humor and outlook on things. Thank you for that! It helps me cope!

Hi, I just got home from my biopsy and it appears it went well, I should have the results tomorrow. I also signed up for the research program and know a little more about it.

The cyroabalation is currently used on benign tumors and is therefore not the risky procedure that we thought it could be. This is a new twist with the mouse thingy and as long as the biopsy on my cancer is not hormone related (they will now do that biopsy instead of waiting for the surgery) I will have my booby frozen next Wednesday (it sounded a bit like flash freezing a steak!) then have blood draws every week to check my imune system and an MRI the day before my surgery, which is now scheduled for June 14th.

The dr and research assistant were almost as excited as Clarence Birdeye must have been when he froze the first lot of food!!!!

Must go, have to change my ice pack......I'm practicing :lol: .

Geri

Ice, Mice, Pink, Clear, Booby, Dooby, what ever! :roll: If you have to follow in a mouses foot steps, then by all means make it Minnie! She's been around for a VERY LONG TIME! :wink::lol:

If you have to pick a color, go with your mood that day or the weather. If your feeling Blue that day, then wear a blue ribbon. If it's cloudy outside then wear a clear ribbon, if it's snowing or raining wear a pink ribbon. If it's Dark outside then wear a Yellow wrist band. Maybe make it a MOOD THING, or a WEATHER THING, what ever works! Your options are endless. Clear, Red, White, Pink, Yellow,Blue, Green, Support 'em all! That way you have them all covered, and some! What the heck be colorful! :wink:

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Geri,

I am glad you are so brave...I would be a little scared my frozen booby might crack and fall off :oops:. Anyway, I hope you have wonderful results and keep us posted on all the "doin's" with the pink cancer. This is very interesting. Like Connie said, it will be nice to know a Minnie mouse up close and personal.

Nina