the long wait is over

Don M

I have been trying to get cyberknife treatment for almost 2 months now. After I cleared the insurance hurdle, I had to wait for fiducial placement to be scheduled. I finally got a date. I have the procedure this Thursday at 1430. There is a chance that the doc will not succeed in placing the fiducials, but I think he will be able to do it. After fiducial placement I go through a week or 2 of planning and then can start the actual cyberknife treatment. I think they will give me 5 doses because I have such a large tumor (4.5 by 7 cm). So, I am finally back on the treatment train. I was getting kind of antsy there for a while, having a huge tumor and not treating it. I went on ativan for the last week or so and it helped. I had a chest ct scan on April 23 and it had shown that there was no change in the tumor since March 12. It is probably still the same. Now I get to kill it or shrink it at least with the incredible killing/shrinking machine.

I am so happy to hear this news Don! It's been a long time coming. If you feel up to it maybe you can give us a blow by blow of how this works and how it goes.

Good luck to you on Thursday and just for a little extra I'm sending up a prayer for you.

Don, congratulations on finally getting the treatment plan you want in place. Best of luck with all of it. Can you explain a little more about the fiducials? Praying that it all works quickly and well. You deserve a big break my friend.

Nina

Yea Don!!!! Wow, I guess I missed the size of the tumor. Hmm... will be watching for your updates. Gosh, I'm so excited for you! :D

What technique are they using for placing the fiducials?

I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating... you are soooo cutting edge Don! :D:D:D

Best of luck,

Welthy

Don, great news. I'm very happy for you. I was wondering why you hadn't posted anything about the procedure & thought maybe I'd missed it. Sure took a long time to get everything in place but I wish you good luck with it. Good Luck & God Bless

wendyr

Very cool! Man, if anyone can wade through the red tape and bureaucracy of insurace, it is you. I picture you with a machete, hacking through jungles when you go after them. You're an inspiration to us all about not taking "no" for an answer.

Praying for you!

:) Kelly