Roll Call...

Ry

I haven't been posting much lately. I have been busy with the kids and taking a break. Mike is still getting Alimta and Avastin and doing fine. The kids are out of school next week,so things should calm down for me then.

Still Praying for You All!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow-- this is great-- thanks to everyone that checked in. Still looking for a few others. Kasey- Pat's daughter is K and Kids (think I did that correctly). Oh and Bruce....get the checkbook out-- not even Dolly can bail you out of this one.

I am still around, but not as much right now. We have a lot of sorting and adjusting to do as we regroup in our new way of life.

We (one of my sons and I) did do 55 mile bicycle ride in memory of hubby/pops for lung association.

I will be back in full force again soon. I am on a mission to make a change in the treatment of our loved ones who are suffering with cancer. I have decided to go to Nursing School as well.

Peace...Flowergirlie

I'm here, I'm here!

Only check in every couple of months, but saw this and figured I'd better post.

Also replied to the meeting in Chicago - I'll be there!

Just have to explain to beau (who wasn't around during my cancer days) just how important those people who held my hand in the middle of some horrible things and sleepness nights STILL are!

If he doesn't "get it" - he can stay home! LOL!

Life's good - daughters are now 17 and 23 - Princess (doggie) is the same as ever, full of love, happiness and enthusiam! Every one needs one!

Hugs to all,

Sandy

Hi Everyone - I'm here too. I lurk often but don't have a lot to say lately. I'm doing well. The docs gave clearance for us to take off on our boat for the summer so we're leaving next week and will be back in time for the CAT scan in September. Hope the summer is good to all of you.

Lynne

Len and I are here and doing just fine. Len passed the three year mark in April and will be going for his checkup with the onc a little after the three year anniversary of his FIRST consultation with the onc and shortly before the anniversary of his first chemo treatment (June 14 and June 28, respectively). Boy, do those dates get burned into your memory.

I've been lurking from time to time but have been so busy with work, music and life in general that I've truly been AWOL most of the time. Will do better in the future, I promise!

Ellen

• 1 month later...

Still here, just sold my old house which was too big to keep up and bought a smaller one, hopefully I can keep it up easier. I'm not quite ready to give up home ownership.

Just passed my three year mark and actually forgot the date of the surgery until I checked my profile :D

I'm now on yearly scans which is really scary, I may end up paying out of pocket for a ct in six months if I get too anxious, I'm not sure I'm ready for a year wait.

My medical insurance expires (Cobra) in November so I'll be on my own to find insurance. THAT ought to be interesting, I'll probably go bankrupt trying to meet the monthly premiums.

Hugs to all

Kathy

I'm here. Had third thoracotomy middle of 2006. They couldn't get to the tumor, so much scar tissue and I guess it was near my heart so I had chemo and radiation. I finished chemo in February and been doing scans every 3 months - due again in August.

Had port problems, one didn't work and the second one they put in got a major infection and had to have it surgically removed along with the infected area. It has finally healed. Right now I am feeling good and we are in the middle of our racing season which makes me extremely happy.

I do check in but usually don't have anything to offer anyone so don't post much. I think of all of you and pray for you.

Hi Everyone,

I check the board every few months but without being a active caretaker anymore, I am not sure what to post.

My sister is in remission again and doing well.

It will be 4 years since I lost mom on 8/15/2007

and we just had dads 3 year anniversary on June 8.

I lost my best friend Jack, my pet dwarf holland lop bunny, on June 14 and I took a few weeks to greive him as well.

Otherwise...My house is on the market and I am moving to the island of St Barts. I have decided to sell everything I own and start my retirement, 30 years early. I saved everything mom and dad left me and after I sell my house and car, I can move and find a nice tiny apartment and sling drinks at a beach bar if I have to so I can get the rent paid and load up on peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches.

I have finially realized life is WAY TO SHORT to not wake up with the sun coming up over the horizon and watching it set in the ocean every night.

I am seeking Joy, chasing Happiness, searchinig for peace...still. But "time" does have a way of scabbing over wounds and I will carry my parents with me wherever I go.

I still run for cancer research. I finished three marathons last year raising $5400.00 in sponsorship to my local ACS. I read lately that now oncologists are looking at "Anti-inflamatory medications to coincide with standard cancer drug therapys in patients. I guess its supposed to possible help supress how quickly aggressive cancers grow and spread.

I read how inflamation somehow is a catalyst for cancer growing at faster rates. So this subject interests me allot.

One study I read today was about a woman who refused treatments but hospice care is giving her anti inflamatory drugs to both ease pain and try to slow her cancer growth. She is one year post dx and still relatively stable.

anyhoo. thats me and I am still on the life bus hitting a few pot holes here and there.

I hope and pray for all of you every day and ache for a cure to this hell.

Mucho hugs and love to you all.

Shelliemacs

I'm still around Rochelle, thanks for missing me. I told Kasey that I am so far out, it will be 3 years in August, I know I do not have any current data that would help.

Also, since I do not post as often, I don't feel like I know so many of the new people here. I lurk, keeping track of all my friends here. It is so good to see that so many are hanging in there and leading normal lives.

I still champion the LC cause. Still get furious at people that say 'Did he smoke?' - yep and he ate wrong and drank some wine and beer. But ..... my Earl was a good guy, great husband, father, friend, neighbor and boss, but some would say he got what he deserved. OK, my blood pressure just went off the charts.

Me - golfing like a mad old woman. Only started to play last year but try to play at least 3 times a week. It is ugly, but I love it. I have ventured forward into the 'dating' scene a few times, but quickly retreat to being with my wonderful women friends.

Hooray for Shellie, island living, you go girl.

Tears for so many, Kellie's Mom, Bill W.

So proud of this site for offering friendship, support and information for those affected by this rotten disease. So proud of all of us going forward to make noise about this cause.

Will try and be more proactive.

Just wanted to let you know I'm fine, thank God, and enjoying the summer going up to the mountains. I've been planting flowers, walking my doggie and driving Brian crazy! Tomorrow I'm going into the hospital so they can open the wound in my back that they made last October. Seems it's slow to heal and by opening it, it'll be easier to pack. I hope so. Just one night stay. Wish everyone the best and prayers for good outcomes for everyone.

Joanie ((()))

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that I am still around. Sorry for not posting anything in a while. Also like to thank Maire for keeping everyone aware of me. Just healing slowly from my kidney turmors surgery. Lung cancer seems to be in remission. Nothing else new.