Roll Call...

Ry

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was such a great idea RY!!! It is so great to hear from so many and they are basically doing fine.

Shellymacs.... Wow, what a surprise, I am thrilled for what you decided to do, but I will say I am a little jealous here... :wink:

Enjoy and let us know from time to time how you are doing, besides relaxing and drinkig exotic drinks :lol:8)

I am so glad for you as you went through one tragedy after the other. Kudos on your sister being in remission.

Thanks for positing and everyone else who answered Rys plea

Maryanne :wink:

Checking in, as requested! :D

Things have been pretty up and down, and I must admit that I have been a "lurker" lately around here, not ready to post. I began Tarceva June 1st and my first CT Scan showed 25% reduction in my nodules. Praise the Lord!!!

I think of everyone here often and pray for us all!

Heather

ps -- Ginny -- I may not be heading up the NJ lung cancer walk this year, but it will be taking place -- mark your calendar for NOVEMBER 3, 2007 AT COOPER RIVER PARK!!!!!

Hi Welthy!

Hope all is well with you and Tony. Thanks for asking about me very kind of you. Well not much to report. Slowing down much more in the last year then the previous 4 years together. Will go for a CT Scan and see where I stand as far as my lung cancer goes. Don't anticipate any major changes. If so worse will have to start back up on chemo. :roll: Some issues with Neuropathy in my feet and hands making it much harder to get around, do things or keep up with everything. Looking into some options for that. Some days I don't know weather I'm coming or going. I guess being out to lunch can have it's good points. :lol: Just have to learn to adjust as one goes along, stay positive and keep going forward. But still here and could always be worse-- I'm still very fortunate all things considered. As my Grandmother used to say Ricky it's always something. :lol: My spirits are good and my attitude is even better!

Take care and as always prayers for the best for you and Tony,

Rich

My dear Rich!!

So glad you checked in and updated us. Yes, things do slow down as time goes by and we all need to continually tweak our lifestyles. Hey, we still have lifestyles! Hopefully you will get some of those neuropathy issues in check so you can maneuver around better. Prayers for good scans to keep the chemo at bay.

You've been our inspiration from the time I started lurking in April of '05 and you're still da' man!

Keep it going Rich -- I know you've been around the block more than a few times now, but you're still kicking it with the best attitude around. :D

Always my best wishes to you and your family,

Welthy

Rich,

So very, very good to hear from you. The information that you gave me about taking Vitamin B6 and B12 really worked for my neuropathy. Thank you. It went away and occasionally I will notice it if I have my feet up on the recliner for a while. I pray that all goes well with you. Love your spirit and attitude. I continue to keep you in my prayers.

Carol

I am here...lurking too. Just haven't felt up to posting after operation and receiving pathologist report to really post back to all you kind people. Please forgive me, I will post results of Op and Path results in a few days. I hope everyone is having a good day :D

Don't think anyone misses me too much but I am still kicking. Been back & forth coming to the boards, always sad to find about the never-ending, inevitable deaths everytime I come back. Trying to fight major depression among other problems. Had my last chemo/radiation treatment in fall of 2006, for that "suspicious spot" no one seemed too concerned about. Staged from 1B in 2005 to III in 2006. Been very bitter/angry about things. Lucky too I guess. Still have a whole 15% chance of being cured. Better than nothing, though, right? Tried to make my life better by doing some psyhological and diabetic treatments for a few months. Both of which failed and left me feeling both mentally and physically worse. Took time to recover from that, but am still getting all the help I can right now from a little less & different medicationing & another new psychologist. I am better, try to enjoy life the best I can, whatever I can, whenever I can, but still waiting for the crash again.

Thanks for listening, Patty

Wow, it is wonderful to hear from so many and to find out whats going on in your lives... K and kids, send my love to your Mom!!

I do lurk here frequently and still will post once in a while. As Ginny said, I don't have much to offer anymore. Daddy has been gone since 2004 and treatments and options have greatly changed since then.

Me, I am enjoying this whole grandmother thing... Being a grandma at 48 ROCKS!!! After much deliberation on what I wanted Gavin to call me... he has come up with his own name... he calls me Ahma... and I LOVE IT, although I have to say, I love just about everything this little boy does and says!!

My daughter and her husband are in the phases of thinking about having a second to add to their family, which would be mahhhhvelous!!

My boys, now 18 and 20, are "mostly" behaving themselves at the moment!!

My husband is still my rock and my support as I still have days when I miss Daddy incredibly. Mom is doing well, she has a great network of friends that are keeping her busy. Her health is excellent and for that I thank God daily.

May God watch over and bless each of you.

Love, Sharon

My best to everyone. I have not had anything additional to contribute to our common battle, but still watch the board as time permits. I know the helpful posts on this board were the primary reason I've survived. The board's search function can be a life saver. I'm hoping to return to work in the near future.

Ry, this post was such a great idea. I feel as if I've been to a family reunion after reading all the updates from our "family" members. So very good to hear from everyone.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Even though I haven't been posting, I think about you often and try to read and catch up on how everyone is doing. I have been struggling so badly dealing with missing my daddy and it gets harder and harder each day to carry on. Since then, my cousin passed and now last week we burried my uncle. Is it ever going to end? Please know that I continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.