Hello!

OhioKat

My name is Kathie. I'm 38 single mom of two kids. I was diagnosed in Nov 2002 with limited stage small cell lung cancer, I'm not currently in treatment but I have been undergoing testing to rule out a bone mets.

I just wanted to say hello, I just found this site today and I'm looking forward to making new friends here.

Welcome Kathie,

I think it sounds very positive that you have come through this since Nov 2002. Do you mind if I ask what your treatment has been so far?

I will be praying for you to get good scan results.

Please come often and share with us. There are so many here that have knowledge to share, or could use some of the wisdom of your experiences. We are here to express feelings and fears, to vent and laugh and overall, just be here for each other.

I am so sorry that lung cancer has entered your life. Especially at such a young age with two children to raise. But I am also glad they were able to detect it at the limited stage, which unfortunately is rare. Limited SCLC has a much higher chance of cure, and I am hoping and praying that you are among those success stories.

God Bless you

Carleen

My chemo was 6 rounds Cisplat & etoposide, I also had 4 weeks of chest radiation in Dec, then another 4 weeks of chest & 1 week of brain radiation in March 2003.

Thank you for the warm welcome, I wish I had found this place months ago.

Hi Kathie,

Things sound very hopeful for you and that is wonderful. So glad that you are sharing with everyone here and I hope you experience that feeling of support that comes with the understanding that people know what you mean and somewhat how you feel.

Peace and blessings,

Margaret

Hello Kathie;

Welcome, I'll be praying your tests come out well. Glad you found us, you will find good information and very caring people here.

Yes, it's cancer but we don't have to go through it alone.

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stage IIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Welcome Kathie. Glad you joined us. You say you are single mom. Your kids have to be fairly young. Do you have family that live near by? Sounds like a huge load by yourself. Donna G