So many things going through my head???

Heather_T

Back in April my Onc. said everything is looking good. He could no longer see the tumor but there was still a mass that he thought was scar tissue, imflammation, small infection or partial lung collapse. It looks like they should be able to do surgery. YEAH Well go to Pulm. doc does some breathing test went in for some type of test to dee if my right lung is doing atleast 2/3 of the work. He agreed with what the Onc. said. So now I am off to surgeons and he says well the tumor has shrunk substatial but will have to do a better CT (84 slice). What tumor??? I told him what my Onc. said and his readings but he said he didn't know. Well to say the least have been freaking out. I have so much going through my head right now that I don't want to do anything. I feel like I could just bust in tears at anytime. I think I might need an anti-depressent. I don't know???? I am so overwhelmed right now. I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

Heather,

I have about a 1.5 cm scar tissue. It does not show on a PET scan. Have they given you a PET scan? I asked my onc about removing what I have and he said that there is no cancer there to remove. I do like keeping my lung, but I don't know what is best. I think that whatever you do you will come out fine.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

My upper left lobe is not working at all and has not for a while. I have always just assumed that if I could do surgery than do it. They have also said maybe going in to do an exploration just to see what that mass is. Maybe I shold get a second opinion. Does anybosy know of any good thoratic(sp?)surgeons in the Dallas area. I have had a PET scan.

Heather,

I don't know about surgeons but I do know about needing to vent. Sometimes we all need to do that but more so when you are told something as confusing as what your surgeon told you. Maybe he himself was confused. Doctors are not perfect and when you have one that tells you something you don't like then it is time to find another one.

I know how you are feeling right now. I get that way myself when I am scared. I think you need to remember...

1. you are not alone

2. you are a fighter

3. you will beat this

4. that you are loved

I sure hope this helps. Try to put it out of your mind for a moment and get some rest. You know it will work out. Just take it one day at a time. Get mad at that surgeon that didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

Sherry

Hi Heather,

I don't know where you're going, but doesn't Baylor have a major cancer center in Dallas? Also, I wouldn't worry about the surgeon's words. He's calling the "mass" a "tumor" still, and it sounds like "something" is still there maybe. He can't know if it's tumor or scar tissue or whatever, without a PET at least to help guide him. Praying there's nothing left of it for you.

Take care,

Raney

Heather,

Can you call your onc. and tell him what the surgeon said? I think you need to let him know that you are getting conflicting stories and perhaps they should get together and decide what it is and what, if anything, to do.

((((Hugs))))

Susan

Really have no honest idea of how your feeling but am able to sense the dissapointment and frustration in your writing.I guess after being with my wife for two year's when she battled the Desease lot's of my emotion's was just drained out. But my advice i would give you is get a second opinion and see what happen's as you do not need the feeling's your dealing with right now........

Dear Heather, I think Baylor is really good.I will get a 2nd opinion for your tranquility. At this moment us you know I am in the same boat. I am taking xanax "the happy pill" and help me a lot. i know is rally hard but you need to be positive and strong. You have two beautifull kids that their mother more than anything in the world.

love & prayers for you get out of the hole

bucky

I am not familiar with the Dallas area, but I agree with others that you should contact the ONC doc to explain the surgeons comments.

LC is such a bugger of a disease, it really takes its toll on us emotionally and physicially. Talk to your doc about how your feeling. Maybe antidepressants will help.

Do know that there are many friends here behind you.

Wendy

Will be praying for you Heather. Most of the people i know that have cancer are taking an antidepressent, me included. Find out as much information as possible for your situation and be very frank with questions for docs. God bless you. pammie.