Anticipating a new treatment

TracyD

I have scans this morning and I'm pretty sure they are not going to show what I want. I have been having on again off again pain in my right shoulder blade, and pain lower down my back on my right side, the side with the cancer. Some days I don't notice it, but the other day it was really bad.

I'm trying to prepare myself for the news I expect to hear, while still holding out hope that I am going to be pleasantly surprised.

Overall I feel quite well, I've been walking three miles a day a few days a week, have no breathing problems, and am still as active as I ever was.

I still sometimes have a hard time believing that I could have such a serious illness in my body when I feel this good.

Anyway, I won't get the results until next thursday. As a good friend told me, the cancer is what it is, the scans are just information, and the more information we have, the better our chances of finding the right treatment (Thank you Jodi).

Tracy

Tracy,

You are amazing...3 miles a day... WOW!!! You are so right... it's just information you will receive to determine where to go next in your life. Keep the faith!!

God's peace with you!!

J

The important thing, Tracy, is you feel GOOD. And you're doing everything you can to keep feeling good. Your friend Jodi is right, the tests just show the direction to go to keep feeling good.

Crossing my fingers and toes for great results. Hang in there.

Trish

What great words of wisdom from your friend, Jodi.

I know how difficult it is (from a caregiver/daughter point of view) waiting for the results....hoping Thursday comes quickly!

Keep the hope alive and I'll continue to pray for you.

Tracy,

I will pray for good scans and report. Sometimes our minds can play tricks. We think we feel things and cancer is the first thing that comes to mind. I can’t have a common cold without thinking about cancer. I get pains and always wonder if it could be cancer. I hope some day that I will be able to understand that other things can happen to me. Try not to worry about the scans while waiting. I try to think that there is nothing to report till the doctor looks at the scans with me.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

What a great friend. Try to keep yourself busy until your doc visit - sometimes that helps me.

Prior to my last two scans I had many aches and pains - sure that the cancer was back - funny thing was that the pains went away when I found out my scans were clear.

I am sending you prayers for good results next week.

Wendy

Tracy-

I hope you are wrong...try to think of the pain as pain from the tumor shrinking. Visualize the tumor pulling away from the lung and dying from all the oxygen you're getting when walking. :D I am routing for you.

This waiting game is the pits. On a couple of occasions, when I had control of the timing, I scheduled the scan just a couple of days before my next scheduled onc visit, then told the scan folks the results were needed for that appointment, then told the onc staff to be expecting the report. Of course it didn't make a bit of difference in the actual results, but it did make me feel better -- and I guess that's not to be dismissed.

I have lower back pain too if I've been standing a lot or doing much walking. An earlier bone scan had mentioned "degenerative changes" in the lumbar region, which gives me an explanation for the discomfort so I don't automatically pin it on bone mets. Then there's the recent discussion about shoulder pain that we both contributed to and which is still active (Judy-OK posted just this morning).

It seems even the most laid-back and "together" of us just go bonkers around scan time. What a group we have here! Aloha,

Ned

I've wondered when those scans would be!!!! Now to wait ~ you usually do a pretty good job distracting yourself. May your suspicions be wrong, BUT, if new tx is to be......I am confident you'll be ready to face it head on!

You know our prayers never cease here, Tracy. We gotta talk soon. In the meantime, I'll hold my breath for you so you won't have to!

Love,

Aunt Kasey

Tracy - my thoughts and prayers will be steadily with you until we hear back regarding your results. No matter what those results are, you are a heck of a fighter, and will work through things as needed. All of your friends here will be with you.

Your friend Jodi as absolutely correct - be objective, and know that you will manage the next steps (if any) just as you have managed up to now.

Enjoy your children this upcoming week, and just come back to us and share as needed when you get your results. I have a lot of faith in your ability to manage any next steps, and you know you have lots of support in figuring out what those steps may be (if any!) MC

Hi Tracy,

If it makes you feel any better I had convinced myself that my last scan was going to show progression, but it didn't. Sometimes I think we expect to hear bad news because it must be time. I truly hope that Avastin is still doing it's job and keeping everything in check.

The waiting sucks and nothing I say will make that any better. Try and keep busy and I will be waiting to hear of great results.

Thinking of you,

Sharon

Tracy, I agree with all the above. My last appointment with rad. onc. I voiced concern about pain in my collar bone area (concerned about bone mets) and she told me that nerve endings are damaged with radiation and chemo and that she was sure it was not a recurrence of cancer only nerve damage. I took what she said and now I don't notice it as much. With each pain we all think Cancer. Praying for good scans.