4little brain mets

alexan

We went to Duke yesterday & they confirm my 4 mets in the brain, the bigest one is 6mm, so we decide to go with the WBR since they are more than 3. I will have 14 days. is that normal??? The were really positive so I have to be to. The great news is tha my lungs are on remission, no cancer there :) . My oldest daughter & Isabella are here fron dallas so I am really happy having all my chicks together. We will need to posponed our family trip to Mallorca, but at this point that the list important thing. I trying really hard to be positive like Ernie said but is hard. Thanks to all of you.

love bucky

PD HOW BAD ARE THE SIDE EFECT O WBR?????

You might experience fatigue, but hopefully that is all. My husband had PCI which is the basically the same thing and he did very well. He had 17 rounds. He seems to have some short term memory loss, but not sure if that is from the radiation or old age. Blessings to you and enjoy your chicks.

Hi Bucky,

That's good news about your lungs being in remission. Now you just have to get over this next hurdle. My dad has his last of 13 rounds of WBR on Monday. He'd been real tired but pushed himself to chug along. He's been a little off balance and has some hair coming out. I'm praying that you both have great success!

My mom managed well with 3 weeks (15 sessions) of WBR. She finished at end of Feb. loss of hair and sensitivity to head were most noticable... flush of face and fatigue as well... but not awful. Mom does get tangled in her words from time to time now- I think this is resiudal of tx but overall I think benefits are well worth risks, at least so far... good luck with WBR... I've been doing research about cyberknife as well seems really fabulous as well... at least for lung lesions... not sure about brain...good luck with all...

Julie

That is great news to hear your Tumor is Long Gone Karen!! AWESOME NEWS! Bucky, if I had a brain tumor the first person I would run to is Karen. She knows her stuff when it comes to brain tumors and she's done her homework, not to say she has walked the walk.

Congratulations Karen.

Hi Bucky--

My dad had SRS for three tumors and is in the middle of WBR for four incipient ones. He has had 13 and has two more to go...Thus far, he has been very, very tired and has lost his appetite. Some of his hair (didn't have much to begin with...) is also coming out.

I wish you strength.

Leslie