tests

Tami

I can't seem to handle any more tests. I sailed through them all for two years and I know they are necessary but I can't make myself go anymore. My surgery was done in April of 02. I had a ct etc. in October all was well. Then I was having some endometriosis removed April 03 and they did a routine x-ray which indicated a broken rib. They say that's normal after 3 chest surgeries and because they removed a piece of my rib and the muscle etc to remove my lung. So forever your ribs are more fragile. I also carry my kids, shovel snow, mow and move furniture a lot by myself (I don't have a spouse or family). But they want me to come in to have my rib x-rayed again to make sure it's healing. I just can't do it. I've refused every doctor apointment/ dentist appointment everything it's only lately that I can even manage a hair appointment . I panic, get sick and can't leave my house. I've tried relaxers, anti-depressants, valium etc. but I just can't do it. Does anyone else get afraid...... no, I mean really afraid?

Scared............really scared??? You bet. Out of my mind with fear and yet somehow I manage to put one foot in front of the other and do what I have to do. How? Wish I knew, then I could tell you. I will pray for you and hope that you find it somewhere in you to take back control of this awful fear and beat it to the ground.

Tami,

You are a survivor and need to get additional tests. Don't give up. I know it is hard to keep going to the doctor, but that is what will help you to stay well. None of us have probably gone to the doctor as much as we have due to this illness. I know I only went about every other year or so. That is why this LC wasn't found earlier. So, please don't give up and I'm praying for you every day..... Hang in there.

God Bless and praying for a "Cure" for all of us.....

Karen

Tammi.. I know exactly how you are feeling. I also was terrified of going back to the doctor. I had my surgery in 2000, I was really good about going back for checkups the first year and then this terrible fear just consumed me. I was forced to go last week as I am immigrating to another country and I got a letter from them for my permanent residency that they wanted an updated medical report. You can imagine my panic when I got that letter! I made an appointment that very day and an appointment for a chest xray an hour after the doctors appointment. My chest xray came out clear so I literally lived in this horrendous fear for two years needlessly! I urge you to make the appointment.