Life in the Fast Lane

SBeth

Three years ago today I was lounging oceanside in Aruba awaiting Bill's return from a day long SCUBA dive so we could dress, dine and party the night away on our vacation. So much has changed in the past three years; diagnosed Memorial Day 2004, he fought the beast for 18 months and has been resting peacefully in Heaven for the last 18 months. It is so hard for me to believe that he has been gone from this world for as long as he fought his lung cancer. It is even harder for me to believe that I have actually survived losing him. So many of you here at LCSC, and so many more that are no longer here at LCSC, have helped me survive. To those of you that promised me in my darkest moments that I would get thru...THANK YOU, you were right. I've made so much progress in the past 6-9 months, I've made so many changes and most importantly, I've made him proud of me and kept our promises. I could not have done it with out many of you here. On Memorial Day of 2007, I'll be spending some quite time reflecting on my journey for the last three years. I'm still here, just quietly supporting many with prayers and well wishes.

thanks and so happy to hear that you are doing ok. Thoughts and Prayers are always good around here. Saying 1 for you tonite.

Beth, it is so nice to see you. I will be 3 years this August and in a way, I am amazed at how fresh it all still is. These wonderful men of ours would only have chosen women that will live a happy life as a tribute to our love for them. We just keep them tucked in a little space in our heart always.

My mom was diagnosed right during Memorial Day also. I cannot believe 2 years are gone and her with it. I hope that in a year I can say the things that you have, and mean it. You are an inspiration and an encouragement when we feel like we will never get through.

I am sure your husband is watching you with his heart swollen with pride.

(((Beth))),

You were one of the very first people I looked to when I joined here 2-1/2 years ago. Your smile always lifted my spirits. Then meeting you last June was just wonderful.

It's great to hear you have been making forward progress. Hopefully you will continue in the right direction. Looking back over what many of us have endured makes me so PROUD to be part of this family. Sure wish you'd consider going to Chicago! Would just love to see in person again.

Many positive thoughts and wishes are headed your way, Beth.

Kasey

Oh Beth, the sincerity in your post makes me pause to reflect, yet again, on the devastation of this disease. I am so, so proud of you for your strength, and for your courage these last 18 months. Please know you have my continued prayers for peace.

Jen