Central Coast of California Support Group?

Fay A.

I've been ill this this week, so today's chemo was canceled. I spent the time speaking with an Oncologic Social worker about help in starting a Lung Cancer Specific support group in my area. She was very receptive to the idea. So we shall see how this goes.

I also asked for permission to set up an information booth at the Cancer Center to promote Lung Cancer Awareness Month in November. Don't know if this will be allowed, but I hope so.

Wish me luck, folks...Temp was 102 on Tuesday, but is now back down to normal range.

Fay A.

Not better, Donna, just driven. See, the only emotional support I've received for the greatest part of my cancer journey has come from sites like this one. Until just recently I've dealt with most of this alone. If I didn't have access to a computer, and through the computer have access to the treasure trove of information and emotional support, I wouldn't know the things I know about how to survive all of this. And I know that not every household has the means to afford a computer. I want others to know what we know about surviving this. I want others to know that there are those who will not sit in judgement of them. And I want others to have a place they can go where they can receive help....hopefully REAL help when it's needed...the kind you and your group gave our Connie B. recently. And I want to see this happen while I still live. Because I haven't had much of that real support. I've done it mostly on my own, and it was bloody hard.

Fay A.