And the winner is...

kamataca

Tonight our school had its annual coaches celebration to honor all coaches and volunteers in athletics. My DH is on the athletic board, so he was there for the meeting.

They announced tonight a new award that will be given annually--the Beverly Carlile Spirit Award. The award will go to the fan or volunteer that best exemplifies the true mission of sports at our school--that is isn't just about winning championships, but it's about the love of the game and building character.

Mom LOVED sports, and she went to every one of the kids' games that she could--whether that was on O2, in her wheel chair, or what have you. She supported the coaches, and treated them like family, because she appreciated all they did for her grandkids.

I'm really honored by this. Mom didn't have a lot of money, she wasn't politically powerful, but she left her mark all the same.

:) Kelly

Wow, Kelly, how special that is............and shows how very special your mom was too. Was going to ask how you're doing, but then realized what a stupid question that is. So I'll just say..........hope your days are full of wonderful memories of a wonderful mom.

Kasey