The Struggle

Don Wood

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Don, I just checked the member list and you were #10 to enroll. Take the spirit and love you've given to all here and continue with your ministry.

I know you will check back with us periodically . . .

You will miss us as we will terribly miss you

thank you don

gail

(((Don)))

I understand your decision, but still am very sad, I understand about having to move on, you sound like you have found a great purpose and I think that is just wonderful! I am still trying to "find my way" in this life without Carlton, I know we all have to move on in our own ways. I hope like all here, to get many wonderful updates from Katie.

God bless you!

much love,

Grace

...and so another chapter closes while a new one begins.

You will do wonderful in the one-on-one - whatever chair you happen to sit in. I hope you find what you seek, and selfishly, I will miss your presence when it is gone. You are not putting out your light, you will just be shining it on another area of the world.

All my very best to you, Don. I'm so very proud to be able to call you a friend.

xxoo,

Becky

Don,

I've loved and admired you since the first post I read. You have always inspired me--and you continue to in this decission. I will miss seeing your posts, but I trust that thiss is the best decision for you.

I'll be forever grateful for your support. Happy trails, good friend!

:) Kelly

Don -

I continue to be grateful to you for your support during my own difficult times. I followed all of your posts with greatest interest and always felt that your love for Lucie transcended the words posted over the internet.

I wish you every happiness and much success as you embark on this next journey. All my best.

Kel

Don,

When I first came aboard you were one of the first to respond. You have dealt out some wonderful advice and sent up many, many prayers for us all. I will miss you. I felt like I knew you and Lucie from your words about her. You two were a shining example as to how to deal with this disease with dignity and hope.

My best to you Don. I hope your new ministry fulfills your need to help others like you have helped so many of us here. Let us know how you are doing and know that you will remain in my prayers.

Nina

Dear Don

I am so saddened to read this post...I know what you are saying and I fully support you in all that you do....BUT...I hope you know how much you will be missed...I am sorry I have not had the pleasure of meeting you...but I feel like I know you and I'm sure we all feel the same...

God Bless my friend...take care and please please stop by once in a while to just say hello..

We love you....PamS./Nonni

Don,

Sorry to hear that you are leaving us, but I feel that it will be for only a short time. I started training for Stephen Ministry after I was diagnosed with stage IV cancer. It is a great ministry. Here I was learning to be a caregiver and I looked more like I should have been a care receiver. I have now gone to further training to become a Steven Ministry Leader. You will find this a very rewarding endeavor. You will see how the training can be used right here on this site. As a Stephen Minister you usually only have one care receiver. I do have two at this time but that is not the norm. On this website you can have hundreds if not thousands. I expect to see you back after you complete your training. I think positively that you will be back. How else can I think? :lol:

Stay positive, :):):)

Ernie, a fellow Stephen Minister

((Don)) know that you will be greatly missed. I remember last Thanksgiving I was a bit down and posted about some feelings and you were RIGHT there to make me feel a bit better. Please take care of yourself and know that we are and will always be around if you need to chat or share experiences.

Don,

I'm sorry that you're leaving us, but I certainly do understand. And, with this new ministry you're joining, you will be perfect. Thank you for all your support to me and the others here for all this time. I wish you well.

Cindy

Don...

Much love to you and many thanks for all of the support, kindness, answers, and prayers that you offered Mom and I during our time here with you and Lucie. Your profile was one of the first that I pointed out to Mom...and she took heart knowing that the disease was survivable.

From the bottom of my heart...Thank you. May God's love touch your life in many, many ways as you travel down your new path.

Love,

~Missy~

Tears in my eyes as I read this news as well...but I so understand why you need to go. Tears because I hate to see you go and happy tears because I know these people you will be helping will be so lucky to have you on their side. Lucie may be one of God's angels in heaven now, but I think you are one of God's angels still here on earth. You have touched many hearts here and I am sure you will with your new adventure as well. Wishing you the best. Stop in and say 'hi' when you get a chance.

Karen

Don,

Bless your heart. You will be missed, but I so understand why you would need to move on from the board.

There are endless ways to give back. With your kind spirit and sense of humor, you will touch all those you encounter in your upcoming ministry.

Thank you for the support you've provided.

Hugs to you,

Teri

Our lives change from day to day, as they should. We pick up peices of it and we move one. Sometimes it takes longer for some of us to do that and some of us never do.

I understand your need to do this. I also know that this isn't a total good bye where we will never see or hear from you again. I hope that you will stop by now and then and just say Hi. And I know you'll be in touch with Katie.

I'm not sad that you are moving on, I praise you for doing so. You have so much to offer people and they will be so very lucky to have you as we were.

God Bless Don and All My Best To You in Life.

(((((((((((((DON))))))))))))))))