Wanted to share this with all of you

Guest JoAnn

This is a poem that was on a card that a friend of mine had given me two years ago when I lost my dad to pancreatic cancer. I typed it up on some stationary that has fall leaves in it ( my mom's favorite time of the year) to take with me when I went to her funeral. I placed it on a table by her at the viewing so people could read it and maybe help them to put a different perspective on her death:

DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE AND WEEP,

I AM NOT THERE, I DO NOT SLEEP.

I AM A THOUSAND WINDS THAT BLOW,

I AM THE DIAMOND GLINTS ON SNOW.

I AM THE SUNLIGHT DANCING IN THE HAIR OF A CHILD.

I AM THE STREAM IN THE SPRING TIME, NOW TAME, NOW WILD.

WHEN YOU WAKEN IN THE MORNING RUSH,

I AM THE SWIFT UPLIFTING RUSH,

OF QUIET BIRDS IN CIRCLED FLIGHT -

I AM THE SOFT STARTS THAT SHINE AT NIGHT.

DO NOT STAND AT MY GRAVE TO HAVE ONLY CRIED

I AM NOT THERE, IN YOUR HEART AND SPIRIT I'M AT YOUR SIDE.

When I first read this card, I cried a river. Then it actually made me feel better to have some help in putting the deaths of those I love in a better perspective.

My mom would not want me to live my life crying over the loss of her every day - she would instead want me to go on to BE LIKE HER - loving, kind and generous to everyone she encountered. Take all of the good things about those you loved, and try your best to instill them into the things you do on a daily basis. A good way of keeping them with you in your heart and mind always.

Love and hugs to all of you

JoAnn

[/code]

i found great comfort in that too when I first read it why my mom died this past august. I have had horrible weeks, and bearable weeks since then. I am dreding the holidays coming. Mom made them so special and she was the reason we all got together.

i wish i could say something to help....but I am still at al loss myself.