SCLC - LUNG AND LIVER

Guest Trisha

Hello, my name is Trisha and this is my first time here. A friend told me about this site. I get a catscan Monday and so scared of the results. The last one was not so good. I have small cell lung cancer in right lung and liver. I am on Taxol right now. So if catscan shows it is working will stay on it, if not have to change again. I am told by 3 drs. I will die from this cancer, no cure, no remission, no surgery. This is HORRIBLE. I was diagnosed end of January and been on chemo since February. I have been told cannot live long with this disease, 16 to 24 months, but each person is their own individual and only God knows for sure. This is hard to live day to day and no way to plan anything, afraid each day what is going to happen next. Anybody with this type cancer please reply to me and many thanks and prayers to everyone. Trisha

Trisha...my heart goes out to you. I will say tons of prayers in next few days in the hope that your scans come back clean. My cancer is different than yours (i have NSCLC)..but there are many others on this board who have SCLC and i know will be happy to talk to you.

God Bless us All!!!

I read your post and i thought right away "don't give up" don't let anyone tell you this is not survivable. I had sclc diagnosed in April of 2002 and today i'm fine. that's a total of 18 months. get opinions from more than one doctor, see about chemo and radiation which are the treatments for sclc, but whatever you do, DON'T GIVE UP. You've a long way to go. Please look at all the posts under SCLC and you will see there are many people with this who have survived and are doing well. God bless you, i will keep you in my prayers.

Joanie

Don't let those Drs tell you WHEN you will die. Tell them you are alive now and thats what counts. I really hate it when I hear a Dr do that! I also have sclc, mine was found in the R and L lung, between the lungs, around the heart, and the L adrenal gland. I was diagnosed in Feb. 2001 so I am getting close to the 3 yr mark. I have had chemo off and on and have remission periods of 1 yr. and now 2 months. Hang in there and let God work. He is the one who ultimately decides when we go home. Praying for peace of mind for you. :)

Trish

I have the same diagnosis and was diagnosed about the same time as you. I was told I had a year to live. I said I don't think so, no one knows how long we have on this earth. Only God and i trust in him. As you can see we have many long time SCLC survivors, Cindy RN included who has beat it a few times. We had one member who lived for 20 years, I think attitude has a lot to do with survival. I REFUSE to give in, I DO NOT CARE about statistics. Just keep fighting and praying. How are you feeling? That is what is important

Bess B