I hate this.........

Sitting here with my mom as she sleeps I want to scream, cry, sputter... something. But all I can do is be still as she finds comfort sleeping when I am sitting here quietly.

My heart goes out to you as you sit next to your husband and care for him. Wish I could do something to make it all better, I hope you find some comfort knowing you are thought of and are not alone.

And allow yourself to be angry, with no facade - smash plates (what a great idea!), write a nasty letter and then burn it or flush it, rant out loud... anything. You deserve it!

You are not crazy, never doubt that. You just love someone very very much.

------------^@

Thank you for all of the prayers and good thoughts.

Harry's platelet count, (even with them giving him bags of it), has dropped to "8"..... It's supposed to be between 130 and 400.

His body just isn't producing it. His other counts are coming up a tiny bit though, so that was some good news.

Maybe he's on the mend, super slowly.

I've already left a message at the Oncologist's office, asking them if there's anything else they can do, so he doesn't have to try and get thru the last 2 chemo sessions. I don't think he can take it. His body is so worn out.

I keep thinking, "It's not the cancer that's making him sick, it's the treatment"! The tumor has shrunk, and he was feeling good until he got the chemo.

Thanks again, for all of your help, thoughts, ideas and compassion. I keep you all in my thoughts daily.

Nova

Nova,

I have been thinking of you often and sending prayers your way everyday.

The treatment really knocked my mom out. Mnay days in the hospital, several in the ICU. Just continue to pray that if the treatment is doing this much damage it has to be doing it's job!

Just a thought but my mom had to have a blood tranfusion. Not sure if it would help but thought I would mention it!

Try and stay strong. I will pray for good news and steps forward!

Prayers to you both,

Dana

Nova,

I am so sorry to hear all that Harry has been through (I just saw your post today). The web site is not just for giving support, it's for getting it and you should never apologize for needing it.

I so understand the helpless feeling and how horrible it is to watch your husband's body basically turn against him. It's excruciating and sometimes you have to give in to the despair in order to gain your strength back.

I'll be praying for you and Harry tonight that those antibiotics do the trick and surgery isn't needed.

Thank you.

They've sent Harry home from the hospital. I can't believe it.... :?

His Platelet count is/was only "20", and the nurse even said he didn't think it was a good decision to let him leave the hospital, but they did.

He's on ton's of antibiotics, antifungals, anti-everything's.

He's awfully happy to be home though, and even though it's a little scary for my son and I - (he "caught" his dad this morning before Harry slid down on the kitchen floor in a dizzy spell), we're happy to have him home too.

He has to go in for a blood test on Tuesday, and if his platelet count is still low, they will give him a bag as an "out patient".

We'll see what happens..... You just never know with this stuff!

Thanks for the prayers. Hope you're all doing okay today.

Nova

Nova,

I hope that Harry improves now that he is back home. I know how it is for a man to just "want to be in his own bed." I know you're a better caregiver than any nurse in a hospital. I am asking God for this infection to be gone and for him to start feeling stronger again.

Blessings to you, Harry and your son.

Nova,

I'm glad that Harry is home too. I know what you mean about being scared...and if you can handle it. It was always that way with my Dad--he was in and out of the hospital ALOT. But I totally agree with what everyone else said. Plus, the hospital is no place to rest!

I got my parents a walkie-talkie set. That way Daddy had a "call button" no matter where Mom was.