Update on Dad - Jun 2007

francesbean

Hi everyone!

I haven’t visited in a while. I haven’t posted since December, I realised. Two evaluative scans have passed (March and June) and I’m happy to report that dad is stable. The tumors never shrank any, but I’m glad that they never grew. Hope that the remaining masses are just dead cells!

Things have been going well for my dad I guess. He used to be in bed all day, but he’s been up and about lately. He’s having our dining area and kitchen reconstructed so he’s been pretty busy supervising the work. I'm glad for this semblance of a normal life. He stopped working but he's keeping himself busy. That's very good. :)

We had a prostate cancer scare a month ago, though. He was having problems with urination and turns out, he has an enlarged prostate. We were all worried like crazy as we definitely can’t have a second primary! Thankfully his PSA’s turned out normal.. Thank God. Currently still treating and observing the UTI.

I’m off to browse the forums some more, and see how everyone’s doing! I wish you guys well.

Yours,

Frances

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Dear friends,

I know I have not posted in more than three years, and I just thought I'd check in again and share some good news. My dad is still stable as of yesterday's CT scan. We have been in this cancer journey for almost six years.

I'm also very glad to see many friends from back in the day still active and posting. I pray everyone is healthy and doing well.

Love,

Frances

Dear friends,

I know I have not posted in more than three years, and I just thought I'd check in again and share some good news. My dad is still stable as of yesterday's CT scan. We have been in this cancer journey for almost six years.

I'm also very glad to see many friends from back in the day still active and posting. I pray everyone is healthy and doing well.

Love,

Frances

It is a good thing that I am not the kind of guy to say "I told you so", because now is when I would say it......

Congratulations

mike_s

Frances girl!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have I ever missed you!!! I am more than thrilled over hearing dad's great news. Give him a great big hug from ME! Although I've missed your sweet and beautiful face, I am so very happy you don't have the need to be visiting here more often than evey 3 years to deliver wonderful news. And to top that off....you've brought Mike out the woodwork to boot!!!! I'm smiling from here all the way to you, sweety!

xoxo,

Kasey

• 4 weeks later...