NED - Music to your ears

Bonnie

Howard & I saw his oncologist yesterday and he told us that as far as the lung cancer goes he is NED!!! Howard has an MRI on November 24th and if it comes back clean, which he feels it will, he will then be offically in remission!!! Thank you God. Howard's main problem now is a rash he has developed from his waist down. It looks like a very bad case of shingles but the doctor didn't think it was that. He goes to a dermatologist today and hopefully will get something to help get this under control. He described it as feeling like someone had taken a baseball bat and hit him with it! He has a hard time sitting down and riding in a car.

This board has been a lifesaver for us. The support one gets from this site is amazing!

May God bless you all.

Bonnie and Howard

Hey Bonnie,

How great to hear from you again and how wonderful that Howard is NED!! :):):) ; Hope you get the rash under control and things continue to get better. :)

God bless, be well and thx. for the update

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Thanks for all of the support! We found out the rash is a fungus caused by the steroids Howard has been on. He has been off of them for about a week and a half but the doctor said that while on them this fungus was in a dormat state. When the steroids were decreased the fungus got busy! So in a way the steroids were both good and bad for him!! This fungus has also caused Howard to loose all of his skin on the bottom of his feet. It really is strange what drugs can do to the body. The entire time they are helping you they also are causing some more problems!!

Thanks again for all of your support. This journey is full of bumps and turns, but with God's help we can get through anything. May He bless each and everyone of you.

Bonnie and Howard

WOW!! Way to go.....

I had constant battle with thrush ( fungus of the tongue and mouth). These things are around all the time but they wait until you're down, see an opportunity, and then BLAM@@!! Add some excitement to your life.

In a wierd way, all the other stuff that turns up is kind of interesting......

Anyway, Glad the scratching can stop.

Regards,

XOXOX

MaryAnn

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful news with us! :D My mom recently decreased her steroids and now has a lovely rash on her chest. :shock: Oddly enough and a few giggles later, she has had great success with an over the counter athletes foot cream that the doctor recommended. And I know he also prescribed a powder to use. Within less than a week, her rash is 50% better.

If you need for me to get the names of what she is using, let me know.

God Bless,

Denise

I'm seconding the recommendation of the athlete's foot cream - my son had a very bad, puffed up diaper rash. His doctor said it was a fungus and suggested an athlete's foot cream for it - worked like a CHARM! (Of course, I don't remember what was used, the diaper rash kid is now 11 - it's been a while! 8) )

Becky