Tests soon

elkiesmom

Gary will be having his three month scans. July 3rd one test a PET scan for any new cancer and a CT angeogram to see if his embolisiums in both lungs are going away . Our ONC took over his blood work every week for that to test his INR levels and adjust his coumadin med.They still have no idea why he developed the emolisiums and I wish they had. That would put our mind at ease since one reason could be cancer and the cancer breaking off and going into the lungs causing the embolisiums but when Gary developed this he also had a three month visit and the X ray was ned. We will be seeing the doctor for results on the 10th and on the 11th we leave for CA to see the grand kids.I hate doing it this way but would have rather gone to CA before the tests like we have been doing.I just feel so down today with worry after two years you would think it would get better but it hasn't. We would love to get out of FL I feel so alone here but hate to leave Gary's doctors.We want to go home to CA but it is not meant to be.Sorry for the vent but please pray for great results.

Lorrie

Thank you so much for the support.I really am in a bad place now but have to put on a happy face for Gary. He works so hard but I see his worry also.If the emboulisiums never happened we might be better but what ifs are just that.It did happen and deal with it.We just need our family and friends but that is another what if. Why did we move and leave everyone behind. What if we had stayed in CA.The what if to that one could be Gary might not have known that he had cancer.We had a great family doctor but with Gary''s history of Asthma maybe an ray would not have been given.

Thankyou for your prayers.

Lorrie

Glad you've checked in, Lorrie. I am the QUEEN of 'what-if's', BTW!!!! Yes, I am. And I have learned that it gets you absolutely NOWHERE. But I know how hard it is to let it all go. I will continue to hope an answer can be found for you guys. In the meantime, hard as it may be to do, you gotta try to live your lives. How is Gary feeling overall? If he's doing pretty good, I urge you to atleast TRY to take advantage. I am NOT the poster girl for you to emulate, mind you!

Be sure to get back here ASAP when you have any results. So from PA......here come all the positive vibes I can muster on their way to sunny Florida!

Kasey

Hey kasey thank you so I am not alone about the what ifs.Gary feels well and trying to lose some more weight.Gary lost his hair from chemo and it grew back even thicker now the poor guy's hair is thinning because of the coumadin.That is one of the side effects so his great head of hair his pride and joy since his dad and bro's hair have always been thin is not to be bragged about anymore.Gary does look sexy with a bald head though.Perfect shape head.

Thank you and I hope you are well.

Lorrie

I agree wholeheartedly that bald men are SEXY. Take a look at Fred's avatar!!!! He had LOTS of hair on his FACE because hea can't grow any on his head! Now face hair is gone as well.

You ae NEVER alone here, Lorrie! I'll do the 'what if's' for you so you can just go on with life for a while. I'm also a GREAT handwringer :? !

Kasey