Brachytherapy

Ros

Hi all

Can anyone out there help me by telling me their experiences with Brachytherapy, good, bad & response etc...please? It has been offered as a potential treatment for Dave and we want to try and understand from someone who has had it done or supported someone through it. Also is there anyone who has had lung removed and now has recurrence at stump who has had this treatment?

Thanks

Ros

My husband had brachytherapy and it was very successful. The pulmonologist was amazed from 1 week to the next at the tumor shrinkage. I think Charlie had a total of 3 treatments a week or so apart. Please PM me if you have specific questions. I'll be happy to help in any way that I can. Cheers.

I think it is good that the has a Dr. who is willing to take a different approach by placing brachytherapy seeds. I do not see that offered to alot of patients from this site. The treatment has been around for a long time, but only in recent years have Drs. been using it in the brain/lung. Have you made any decisions yet? If I were you, I would ask all of the obvious questions, like:

-How many patients has the Dr. treated this way?

-What were those patients' outcomes?

Keep us updated and big hugs to ya...