New Survivor Here

Lilie

Hi Everyone! I found this site 'by accident', or as I prefer, fate, and thought I would like to make some new friends. I am a lung cancer survivor of 1 1/2 yrs. I LOVE the name of the organization and well, here I am. Would love to talk to others.

Lilie

Hi Lillie. Welcome. You and I may have similiar accents.

We all know how stressful being told you and lung cancer is and it continues with all the tests and treatments not only on us but our families. Sorry to hear he couldn't handle the stress. The treatment can be well worth it though, I stand to testify, over 9 years of survival and cancer free!

Keep us posted.

Donna G

If your husband couldn’t remember the “in sickness and in health” part of the oath, he probably would have forgotten a lot of other promises. Your cancer may have saved you from a lot of heartache down the road. Welcome to the community.

Hi, Lilie, and welcome to the LCSC! I was distressed to hear about your husband and what value he apparently placed on his marriage vows, but I'm very glad you've moved past that and I'm delighted that you're doing so well.

Around here your status is also called "NED" [no evidence of disease] and after I joined it took some time to get accustomed to seeing my nickname used so frequently throughout the forums. But it was always associated with happy thoughts, and it was a pleasant adjustment.

We can all benefit from your experience and perspective. Looking forward to reading your profile -- click "My Profile" at the top, scroll down to "Signature," enter/update your information, and make sure "Always attach my signature" is marked "Yes."

Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Hi Lilie,

Welcome to a great community! :wink: I've been part of this community for a very long time and I hope you'll enjoy hanging out with us as much as I do.

You can see by my profile below that I'm a long term LC survivor. Congratulations on your 1-1/2 years of being a survivor. HOORAY!!!

Looking forward to getting to you know better.

I must say that as I read all your welcomes, I found myself wiping tears that were falling down my cheeks! I didn't even know they were there. My Gosh how you all know how to move me. I am proud to be in a place where the support is so available. One of you said I have grit and attitude, well, yes, that is the old me and I just found here again...and I love her. I just have one small story to share. After all the chemo and the semi nervous breakdown realizing the new hubby left and I was alone, I bought at least 50 books on how to be a better person. They have been sitting and sitting and just recently, I brought them all back, and with my hefty credit, I bought books on things I am passionate about. I don't need to be a better person, well, in a sense we all do, I just need to be MYself. NOt the self someone else wants or judges. So I thank my cancer for all I have learned. I am alive, and I am starting to kick a bit! Whoooo Hooooo