ATTITUDE

IAAM

A lot of you have mentioned Attitude. Just thought I'd share something very cool. About 1/2 way thru my radiation trtmts. my father wanted to go along one day to treatment. He surprised me, he had a box of white tshirts printed up that just said the word "Attitude"! He told me he thought Attitude was 1/2 the battle. I gave them to family and friends, my oncologists, nurses and radiation techs. My last day of radiation, it was awesome, all of the rad. techs wore their Attitude tshirts for me! It was so touching, I'm actually getting choked up as I type this. I know it's hard to always keep a positive attitude, but what I've read here, most of you have done just that! Thank you.

-E

Hi Susan,

Thanks, and he is a great dad! Sounds like you're very close with your mom. I am too. My mom was diag. 2 yrs. before me with nsclc. She is doing good.

How was Venice? I've always wanted to go Italy. When I first found out I had a tumor I had to wait 4 days to hear the results. I said to my girlfriend that if it is malignant I want to go to Italy. She told me even if it is benign, go to Italy. Well, I had to start treatment soon after. My husband and I did take a vacation 2 mths. ago, not Italy. I am still planning on getting there some day!

Hope your mom is doing well, and enjoying her 3 mths. off of chemo!

-E

"IAAM" ...My last day of radiation, it was awesome, all of the rad. techs wore their Attitude tshirts for me! It was so touching, I'm actually getting choked up as I type this.

Well, I got choked up as I read it, still am, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. My emotions have been close to the surface ever since I was diagnosed last September, but it's not about me or self-pity or anger or fear or anything like that. It's just that I've been incredibly touched by the thoughtfulness and compassion and goodness that's been welling up around our family the past several months, things I sort of hoped were out there somewhere but had never seen to that degree, things I hadn't motivated myself to provide others to any extent in years gone by. Maybe I'll have a chance to make amends in some small way.

Aloha,

Ned

• 3 weeks later...

What a GREAT dad and what an inspiring story. It is amazing the wonderful people you meet through treatments. Ours had a little party for Joel when he finished treatments.

You are so lucky to have a dad who loves you so much and cares so much for his little girl. :D

ATTITIDE is contageous.... Continuted good luck!

Maryanne :wink: