JudyB

This is from The Moss Report

Anyone from Washington area?

Fifth Annual Comprehensive Cancer Care Conference

Integrating Complementary & Alternative Therapies

with Mainstream Care

April 9-13, 2003

Washington, D.C.

Only Cancer Conference that Integrates Complementary, Alternative and Conventional Care

Called "Most Important Conference of its Kind," Directed by Doctor James S. Gordon, Former Chair of White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine

The Fifth Annual Comprehensive Cancer Care conference is scheduled to begin in Washington, D.C. on April 9, 2003. This Conference is the only one on cancer care that seeks to integrate conventional, mainstream care techniques with evidenced-based complementary and alternative medicine. It has been hailed as "the most important alternative medicine meeting in America" by the New Yorker, and it is unique in that it seeks to find a "best of both worlds" approach to healing.

Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) includes the use of such effective, proven therapies as meditation, nutrition, acupuncture, music therapy, energy medicine and guided imagery. CAM explores and utilizes the healing practices of other cultures, such as Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurveda and Native American Traditions, as well as under-appreciated Western approaches including herbal medicine, massage & prayer. In the last several months alone, CAM has been the subject of intense attention in the major media.

It is in combining these methods with traditional oncology that sets this conference apart. This conference is also unique in that it welcomes people with cancer, their family members and the general public. Studies show that many people with cancer are taking their own initiative to integrate various forms of CAM into their treatment program. This conference addresses the many issues facing patients, physicians and other conventional and alternative practitioners on how to integrate CAM therapies safely and effectively.

John, That would be awesome if you could!!!!! Lots of people on the board are interested in alternative solutions and this meeting seems to have the credibility necessary. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

As Ginny says, I will be crossing everything and hoping you can make it!!! JudyB

John,

I really hope you can make it! The research you post for us to peruse is always interesting, and I think you would do a dandy job of distilling the information and reporting the important points to us. Fingers crossed that you can go!

I think I can at least go on the weekend. I have used so much vacation time visiting my mom that I am negative now. If people let me know what sessions they are most interested in, I'll try to get to those at least.

Weekend sessions are more likely