mom's birthday in heaven

deewilkey

Today was another first. My mom would have been 67 today if she hadn't been robbed of life from this terrible disease. It felt so empty being with the family in honor of her and not having her walking through the door with her infectious smile. She was the life of the party and the last person we would have expected to pass. It is so hard to even believe that my best friend will not be back, ever. Anyhow, I bought balloons for everyone and we all wrote a message and released them up to heaven. It was picture perfect all of the balloons heading straight up to her in all the spectacular colors. We will be doing that every year from now on. Anyway, just needed to share for a moment. Best to all of you.

Stacey

What a great idea! My mom would have turned 67 a month after she died. I wish I had thought of doing something that cool, instead of burying my head in the sand---which didn't work, by the way.

I'm really impressed. I know how hard this still must have been. Do you still reach for the phone several times a day to call her? I do. It is just amazing how much of our lives were tied to our mothers. If you had told me that at 14, I never would have imagined it...

Prayers for you this week.

Kelly