The Budwig Diet

I'm not familiar with it, but it's funny you would mention it because I just read a blog entry about it.

"Lori" has been battling cancer with an unknown primary for some time now. Things were looking pretty darned bad for a while and they tried the Budwig diet, and now her doctor says she is in 'partial remission.' Lori and her husband are also NOT the type that are into all the fad diet things. Both very level-headed individuals.

You can see what she and Cary have to say here:

http://toosexyformyhair.com/

Hi there,

Wow!! I just finished reading some of Lori's blog. Thanks so much for the link. My Dad and I were happy to read that Lori has had success with the Budwig diet. My Mom is currently on the Budwig diet and so far we've read great things about it.

Be Blessed,

Donna

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen improvement in my Mom since she started the diet. My Dad has her on a slightly different version of the original BP - No animal products or dairy. So Mom is allowed fruit and veggies then the cottage cheese/flax seed oil mixture 2 times per day...my dad mixes in fruit so it comes out like yogurt. My Mom's tongue has turned brown which is a sign that the body is de-toxifying and that the diet is working. If you would like I can get you more info on the diet.

Be Blessed,

Donna

• 2 weeks later...

I have taken pieces of certain plans and diets throughout my diagnosis. I do not follow any plan to the extreme but I do eat cottage cheese and flax seed oil on the idea that it can only help. As for anything that may compromise treatment.... I leave that part out.

• 1 month later...