can't stop crying

Robin

I went for my 4 month checkup and xray and the doctor said there is a place that looks suspious and might be reocrrunce,I have cried all afternoon until I am sick to my stomach.I go thursday for a pet scan and then the following tuesday for the results. He said itr could be scar tissue but why wouldn't it have shown up on my last 2 xrays? I think he knows that it is back. I am a mess, i just don't know if I have the strenght to go back through chemo so soon. Keep me in your prayers. Robin

Hi Robin, My situation is a little different than yours, but so many times I've had a ct scan and the results come back as "worrisome" and there is the question if it is scar tissue or lc.

It is very tough, very scary especially in the beginning. Often you end up waiting 6 months for next scan, not knowing. I think it happens to most of us.

Please try not to worry ( I know it is impossible, but xanex helps too :) ). Prayers, Barb.

Robin -

You have friends here, and of course you will have prayers. Please bear in mind that this COULD be scar tissue....and that if it's not, you WILL do what you need to do and manage it. You've already proven that you have strength. Let us know - we'll be thinking of you.

Robin - I pray that this is nothing more than scar tissue. My mom recently had a CT scan that showed new occurence and rib involvement than she went for her PET and there is NED, so she went ahead and had a biopsy just to "be sure" its nothing. Hopefully this will be the case with you.

Heidi

I am praying that what is showing up on your xray is scar tissue only, and it well may be. I had a nodule to light up on my second PET scan that did not light up on my first PE scan. My surgeon insisted on a biopsy before I could have surgery and it turned out to be scar tissue. I know how scared and worried you are try to be positive and have faithh.

Carol

Robbin,

I will pray that the results of the scan are good. I have a spot that they have been watching for about 4 months. I know it may be nothing or it may be cancer. If it’s nothing, that’s great. If it’s cancer then we will take care of it. I can’t afford to worry about it. I need to do everything in my power to avoid stress. Next Wednesday I have an appointment with my oncologist. I will know more then. This is the first time that it doesn’t bother me to wait and see. It may not be near as bad as you think it could be. You have over a week till you learn more and worrying will not help. Make up your mind that you will beat what ever it is. Here is one of the verses that I think of at times like this.

MATHEW 6:27

Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

There will be alot of us praying for you, to help you through this.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

I am so sorry Robin. But you DID make it through it and you CAN do it again. If it is a recurrence, you can fight it again and win. I bet you are armed with more knowledge now because of your previous experiences. Hang in there!!

Prayers for you during this time!!!

J-me

Always remember there every cancer at every stage has been survived by someone!!!!!

Robin,

I just wanted to let you know that there have been times that I saw new changes on a patient's scans and have been concerned enough about recurrence that we started talking seriously about next treatments and even scheduling. Then biopsies showed inflammation or scar tissue, and I have at a handful of these patients that I'm following now more than a year after these "fake out" events who have NOTHING happening right now, and their scans have either remained stable or improved with time and/or antibiotics.

Obviously, it's worth doing everything possible to find out what's going on, but a change is not always cancer, I can assure you.

-Dr. West

Please try to relax... You received the best advice as you heard for our very own Onochologist on here and he sounds pretty positive about what he shared with you.

Good luck.. I just know you will get good results. If not we will just kick in the butt... meanwhile, keep a positive attitude.

Maryanne :wink:

Robin,

It is very possible that this is a false alarm. I had a CT, MRI and a PET that all indicated mets to the liver. One surgeon and two radiologists were convinced it was cancer. My oncologist insisted on a biopsy, which required surgery because of the location. The biopsy identified the growths as inflamed fatty tissue. It is a year later and those growths are still on my liver but are no longer inflamed. The scans do not always give the full story. Even if the PET indicates higher metabolic activity, ask your oncologist about the possibility of a biopsy.