Hi

mikemur

Mike

I am so sorry Claudia was taken from you so soon. God must have known she was ready. He does seem to take the good ones first. Please know that you and your family have my most sincere prayers.

Come back and talk to us when you're up to it. There may be a day I'll need your shoulder to cry on.

• 1 month later...

Claudia has been gone 8 weeks now and I am just starting to think about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. Lung Cancer sure changed our beautiful 43 marriage. Thanks to all of you for all the kind messages of support and your prayers. Claudia is in a better place now but won't be in my arms any more and that is something I'll just have to learn to live with. She deserved better. I sure wish I had of read somewhere about the possibility of a person passing within one month of diagnosis but I never did and so I post a warning to anyone who is told they have SCLC - get your house in order as anything can happen. I think in Claudia's case she had SCLC a long time ( two months) before she was diagnosed and it was so advanced that Chemo didn't work the first time around and it kept growing and that's what ended her sweet life. Who knows? Just know that someimes we don't have even 6 months to say goodby. Good Luck to all.

Claudia has been gone 8 weeks now and I am just starting to think about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. Lung Cancer sure changed our beautiful 43 marriage. Thanks to all of you for all the kind messages of support and your prayers. Claudia is in a better place now but won't be in my arms any more and that is something I'll just have to learn to live with. She deserved better. I sure wish I had of read somewhere about the possibility of a person passing within one month of diagnosis but I never did and so I post a warning to anyone who is told they have SCLC - get your house in order as anything can happen. I think in Claudia's case she had SCLC a long time ( two months) before she was diagnosed and it was so advanced that Chemo didn't work the first time around and it kept growing and that's what ended her sweet life. Who knows? Just know that someimes we don't have even 6 months to say goodby. Good Luck to all.

Mike: please accept my condolences for your loss. Unfortunately , you are not the only one who posts here that have loss spouses, but at least there are people here who understand your loss. I hope you find that the ordinary routines of your life help you in getting through your grief.

Don M