Date with surgeon

Mary

My sister completed her 5 weeks of radiation and weekly chemo of taxol/carbo. She nows has an appointment on Friday with the surgeon to see if there is a possibility of removing her tumor. I am taking her to the appointment with the surgeon. Out of my very large family (6 sisters, 1 brother), I feel that I'm the only one pushing for surgery. She is 3b with lymph node involvement. I've already started thinking of a back-up plan if this surgeon won't operate. :idea: However, my sisters keep telling me that if the surgeon can't get it all and she has the operation that will only make the cancer spread faster. Is that true?

However, my sisters keep telling me that if the surgeon can't get it all and she has the operation that will only make the cancer spread faster. Is that true?

HOGWASH!!! This is 2003. They said those things when my dad had his surgery in 1970, however, my poor wonderful dad was full of cancer when they opened him up. But, I have to say, I haven't heard that one for a very long time now! :):roll: We didn't have the information back in the 70's that we patients have at hand today.

Mary, I am a soon to be 8 year lung cancer survivor of Stage IIIB Adeno, with two cancerous lymph nodes. I underwent surgery, chemo and radiation and here I am TODAY and DOING WELL I might add! You can read my story all over this board, so I won't bore everyone with it again.

Best of luck to you and your family. You might also want to read Judy's stories as well on the board.

Warm and Gentle Hugs,