Anyone else ever been in this situation??

JenkazMrs

Hi Deanne,

I went on your site and became a member there as Iam outragged by what is happening to you and Jim. This is unacceptable and I am appalled by what you'e both and perhaps so many more people in your country are going through.

I know if you have a petition we cannot sign it as we are not citizens of your country. I feel helpless here.

I just want you to know that I am thinking of you both and pray for positive results.

Maryanne

I concur with many of the above posts regarding health care in the U.S. My problem is the sense of entitlement that is becoming a national attitude. Larry was very correct when he paraphrased Thomas Paine's quote "That government is best that governs the least". We seem to be straying farther and farther away from those ideals.

All of the politicians in D.C. have screwed up so much of what they get their hands on that I also share Don's concern over who will get what treatment if we go to a national health care system.

Random thoughts:

Many trauma centers have closed because a high percentage of illegal aliens have trended toward using ER's for doctor's office visits. They know that U.S. law forbids denial of treatment at an ER.

My state provides free health care to all minors.

My county health department provides multiple services at reduced or no expense to patients. My next door neighbor (an R.N.) works for the county and does pre-natal care and counseling. Almost all of her patients are illegal aliens who are pregnant with their anchor babies.

My county has a card available to all residents (and their pets!) to receive a discount on all prescriptions at pharmacies/Vets located in the county.

All is not as good as it should be in our system, but for where Tony and I are at this time and place, I am content.

(Sorry Deanne! You have created an interesting topic to explore this issues.)

Welthy

Deanne and Jimmy have been treated apallingly - the NHS are causing them so much extra stress at a time they could well do without it. I am so horrified at what they are having to suffer. Via their website they have helped so many people and now they are being victimised - it is so unfair.

Thinking of you both - and right behind you.

Dawn xxxx

China -- interesting NY Times article. Bigger population, bigger health care problems I guess.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/14/inter ... c5&ei=5070

Deanne,

I noticed that Mary Ann had joined your website. Do you think that if more of us joined and voiced opinions that it would be helpful to your cause? I'm more then happy to do so if it will help. Tony and I are appalled.

Welthy

Deanne,

I'm sorry your having to deal with all that. It's hard enough trying to help the one you love let alone try to fight "City Hall" too! :roll::x

I just wanted to mention that maybe you could take a minute and fill out your PROFILE for us at the top of the page. This way everyone will know who has the cancer and what steps you have taken, etc., etc,. It's very helpful to all of us to be able to read ones PROFILE. Most of us don't remember as well as we use to. :oops::wink:

God Bless and Good Luck to you and your husband.