News about Bill

teriw

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teri,

I am so very sorry to hear this news. My heart has sunk into my stomach like so many others have described. Just shock and tears. I didn't know either of you personally but I feel so sad inside. I think you both were such a presence to so many people here and I wish so badly there was something I could say or do to take the pain away. Only time can do that, but know that you are in my prayers during this difficult time.

I am so deeply sorry. Sitting at work door closed, crying for you and your loss.

From your description, which made my heart ache, and from your prior posts, I was always sturck by Bill's tremendous strength and attitude. That man was NEVER NEVER beaten by the disease, and that is something you can remember for the rest of your life.

All people are flawed, but I believe his approach and attitude---up to these most tragic final days---are a model which must be respected and admired.

My condolences.

Teri--

From the moment my brother, Adrian, and I started posting on this board, you and Bill have been an inspiration to us. You guys fought this battle with grace, courage, strength, and dignity. You gave us hope, when no one else could.

We are grieving with you today.

I send you all of our strength as you enter the next part of this journey.

Leslie

I did not know Bill from his posts, so I looked him up and read several of them. What an eloquent, insightful and yes, funny guy. And your description of his last days was wonderful and heartwrenching at the same time, if that makes any sense. It sounds like his determination to do things with dignity and humor was just how things turned out, as physically challenging as it was. You were so blessed to have each other, and I am so very sorry for your loss. Prayers go out to you, and I'll say one for your dear Bill...

Teri,

I am so very saddened and shocked to read of Bill's passing. But I was glad to read that he did it "his way" and seemed to know that he was leaving for a better place. I can only hope that when it is my time to leave this world that I will be able to do so with the same grace and dignity.

Bill has touched us all here, and those of us who have already buried a spouse feel your pain. I am sending prayers for God to give you peace and comfort in the weeks and months ahead. God Bless You.

Love,

Sharon

Teri,

I haven't been to the board in quite some time and was checking in to see how everyone was doing. I'm just so shocked to see this news....and so very sorry.

Bill has touched so many of us here with his way with words.

My thoughts and prayers are for you and your family.

Melinda

Terri,

Just wanted to let you know that I replied to your PM. I probably should have read your post first.

Maybe what I said about the book had a little bit of truth to it?? That was kinda weird.

Keep an eye out for those signs and write about them.

Let us know when you finish that book. I know it will be great!!

Love you,

Bobby

Teri,

I just went on this site as I was away and you and Bill were in my first thoughts. I am so sorry that he had to go but I am also so happy that he could see the party in the life after to give you some sense of confirmation of where he is today. He will always be around you and with you...and it will be hard because I know as I have just been and still am there myself. I want you to know that whatever you do - do finish the book - because if he has written that book with the same fortitude that he has initiated with the message boards it is sure to be a success. Writing and finishing the book may well be some of the healing process for you. If you ever need to vent, talk, whatever - email me. Heather

Teri,

I sit here at my computer speechless and in tears as I did not expect to read of Bill's passing. Because of lung cancer I have met some of the best people I have known in my life even though many of them I have known for a very short period. I loved reading his posts and it was apparent how much you loved him through your posts. I can only hope when it is my time that I can go out with the same grace and dignity and without fear. I hope you are able to come back to the boards and say hello from time to time but in the meantime take care of you in this difficult time.

love

Lilly