Taxotere ???

Robin

Ok It is back and the doctor said today we would start with taxotere once a week. I had taxotere and astivan every 21 days before,so my ?? is why once a week now, I sure pray I can handle it plus how many rounds do they do if all goes well. I asked my doctor but he didn't say,all he said was as long as your body wil handle it,does that mean until the day I die?

Hi Robin,

I think they do a lowered dose to give it to you on the weekly schedule. I think the doctor means they will give it to you until your blood counts are too low, other bad effects are too bad, or the disease progresses. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I'm right there with you though. Just take it a day at a time and keep praying for a miracle - that's my philosophy anyway :) .

Raney

Robin,

I think what your doctor means is that as long as you are having positive results and not too many adverse side effects he will continue the chemo. The usual case is if your tumors are sensitive to it and you are getting good results without too many bad side effects, a chemo is continued. Once a certain drug is no longer effective or proves to be one that your body can't tolerate, it means it's time to move on to another drug. For future reference, don't be afraid to ask you doctor what he meant when he says something. You aren't expected to understand all of this. It's their job to explain it to you so that you understand what they plan to do with your body. My best to you.

Sue

Robin,

Hi I am also on Taxotere. I do it for 2 weeks with a week off. My doctor told me I would do it forever also. I told him I will do it until my cancer is gone. I have been doing chemo for a year now. My last ct scan showed shrinkage so that means to me there is still cancer cells and not just scar tissue. I was asked if I wanted a chemo break and told him NO way if it is still shrinking, then lets keep killing them bad cells.

Attitude is everything. I can be having a bad day and sometimes it is an attitude adjustment I need more then a pain pill. I do take pain pills every day for leg pain from the side effects of the chemo but oh well you do what you have to do to beat this thing. I will win over cancer, even at stage 3b, no matter what I have to do to beat it.

Sherry