Mom Update-Always something...

wondermom

Well...mom had her appointment today and it wasn't all good news as we were hoping. Always up and down it seems. She told her onc about the pain in her tail bone and they did an x-ray. It showed cancer there. She will be starting 5-10 sessions of radiation next week. I asked her if that was the same area that showed some activity on her PET scan a month ago and, of course, she didn't ask. I am sure she was just so disappointed that it was there that she didn't think to ask. Seems so odd to me that the Tarceva has pretty much done away with mom's cancer exept for the bone area. Mom's lungs were full of cancer and she also had a liver met. That was all gone as of a month ago. (Brain mets also that were surgically removed or treated with WBR) Only some low activity on the spine was left. I still wonder about adding the Celebrex but I wasn't there to ask about it. I just feel that since Celebrex is for arthritis (I think), maybe it could play a part in treating the bones. Just a thought. Apparently, the doc still feels that the Tarceva is worth sticking with since he didn't change her treatment. He said she looks great though, on a positive note. Hopefully the radiation takes care of the pain and she can feel great too!