newly diagnosed

mousemobile

Just got japped in April with lung cancer in two lobes of my right lung. An MRI showed it had spread to the brain. Opted for surgery instead of radiation blast. I am now at home from a Tuesday surgery (it is Sat)and the next step is chemo for the lung. Been thru breast cancer in 85 so I know chemo is gonna be rough but it needs to stop some more spreading from the lungs and thats a fight i'll fight forever. I hope they can remove the tumors from my lungs after some chemo rounds so I can have more ammo to be another twenty year survivor!!!!!! I will try to keep posting but really wanted to say that I will not let this take me down if there is any way to fight it. I plan on being meaner than the cancer. I can only hope that they stop it enough for it not to keep spreading while I am establishing my dominance over it! Anyway thanks for having this website!

Welcome to the site. It sounds like you have the right attitude to beat this. I would not think about having a bad time with the chemo. Chemo has changed a lot in the last few years. I went through all my chemo and I am starting again after two years of remission. I have never had a sick day. I take supplements and do what ever I can to keep from getting side effects. So far something is working. I would think positive and believe that this time you will not get sick and then you may not. Try to fill in your profile so that the others here can help you more. You came to the right site for good support. Keep us posted.

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

Welcome. You will find this is a great site!

A couple of weeks ago I posted about "Attitude"...

you definitely have it!

Hope you're chemo goes well. I went thru it last year and they told me they've made huge steps in even the last 10 years!

Please keep us posted.

-E

Hi, and welcome to the LCSC!

Wow, if you went through chemo over 20 years ago, I bet you'll find a world of difference now. One of the major improvements has been the development of "premed" IVs to counter some of the worst side-effects like nausea. Let us know what chemo agents you'll be getting and we can be more specific.

Here's a section of onctalk.com dedicated to various treatments, including chemo, from the patient point of view:

http://onctalk.com/bbPress/forum.php?id=19

Even if you don't have much in the way of questions, please post as often as you can -- your perspective should be quite informative to others. Aloha,

Ned