hospital time AGAIN...

GAWD...it seems like everytime I turn around Pop is landing in the hospital....Today we tried to bipass that by going up to see if we could get rehydrated in the clinic... NOPE the NP took one look at him an said hes to dehydrated for it an gave us a direct admit into the hospital... she then took me to the side an asked if anyone had talked to him about pallative care or hospice... ***SIGH*** nope I tell her he wants to fight it an I try to help him do what he wants.... she said shes afraid one more chemo could kill him :shock: he just had Chemo on Thursday an he deteriorated fast after that...so I dont know what we will do

Hey, Kgirl, you've got your plate way past full I'd say. I check your blog occasionally and keep hoping better times will come your way, but I guess it's not to be for a while. It's even clearer now that you made the right decision about that trip.

Aloha,

Ned

Kaneohegirl,

Oh no, not again!! I'm sorry sweetie -- you must be exhausted. I dearly hope your Dad rallies fast and gets home soon. Chemo tends to have cumulative effects for most people. It seems to slam a person down faster each time.

Take care of yourself too!

Welthy

Yea Ned it seems to be one thing or another...go figure... I just keep tellin my self "If can CAN, If no can, Den NO CAN". Da Unofficial Hawaiian Motto LOL and I do feel good about my decision on the trip I can see them another time.

thanks for your Prayers everyone I know I appreciate it an so does my dad.

STILL there... they cannot seem to stop the diarrhea... Lomotil isnt working Dr said they would try something stronger??? whats that? I thought lomotil WAS one of the strongest...

on top of everything his skin is breaking down on his bottom because he wont call the nurses and sits in it.... so now I am after them to keep checking on him every 30 mins or so.... :roll: Damn stubborn man :roll: ...

I did happen to be there when the Dr came ... he said we will do no more Chemo for about 2 months to rebuild an get stronger then rescan an see if we have progression or remain stable an then see what the options are.

Hi KGirl: so sorry to hear of Dad's problems. My hubby had severe diarrhea problems a few months ago and 8 to 10 lomotils a day didn't help. I posted the question here on how to deal with it and found the BRAT diet worked wonders. Bananas, Rice, Applesause and Toast. I also added a pro biotic. Shortly after getting his diarrhea under control I read an article in the paper, which I posted here, of Coconut milk being a remedy for severe diarrhea. I think I posted it under Alternative Treatments, but it was written by a hospice nurse and was very informative. Prayers coming your way that you can get Dad stabilized. Good Luck & God Bless.

wendyr

Wow according to your dads profile this all seems to be happening so fast. I am sorry for all you mixed feelings and emotions. All I can say is listen to what the doctor says. If you are not satisfied always get a 2nd opinion.

We are always here for you. Keep us posted.

Maryanne