My Wife

Thanks wendyr. Mary and I have been looking at the clinicaltrials.org site and MD Anderson is where the onc was checking sice that's where we went for 2nd opinion. We have received a list of possibilities and are checking them out. Thanks so much for the help. May God walk with all of us.

Hawkeye:

I know it is commonly used for second line treatment for NSCLC. I have not heard of it being used for SCLC, but I suppose some places use it. You might ask Dr. West about it. I do know it can cause the usual side effects that most people have to deal with, neuropathy, fatigue and sob.

http://www.onctalk.com/

I hope Mary’s next treatment works wonders.

Don M

• 2 weeks later...

Well Mary started her round on the 15th so we'll see how it goes. She has alot of pain now. ONC gave her stronger meds.Doesnt help as much as i would hope :( she was told a year and its been 18 months so we can all make it further than we ever thought and the fights not over yet!!! I feel so alone though. her sons don't ever come over. Unless they need something.They never talk to me about anything and I don't feel like I can talk to them. My side of the family is far from here. So it's just me.

It's not just you...we're all happy to listen to you-- so talk to us. I know it is hard when others distance themselves. I don't' make a huge effort to update anyone like that, I figure if they want to know how John is they can make the effort to check on him.