Long version for Bill

teriw

We did a long version with a pic (the one he used to use here) and a short version (that Laurie so kindly posted). Here's the long one...

I should add that the service went absolutely beautifully. I hope he had that Heavenly DVD player plugged in and was watching, because I think he would have loved it.

We lost our precious Bill on the morning of July 16, 2007, one day before his 55th birthday. He smiled and exclaimed, “It’s Party Time!” as he began his journey to God. Waging a courageous ten-month battle against lung cancer, he never failed to inspire us with his unfailing sense of humor, his hope for the future, his growing faith in his Creator, and his ever-lasting and limitless love and loyalty for his family and friends.

William Joseph Wareing was born in Manchester, England on July 17, 1952 to parents Joseph and Eileen Wareing, and sister Barbara. Always embracing the mystery of life, Bill had a passion for astronomy, writing, and reading as a young boy. Never one to turn down an adventure, in his early 20s, he spontaneously hopped aboard the Boston Attacker for two weeks of deep-sea fishing work. It was here that he saw his first ghost, and oh how he loved to tell the story!

Bill’s greatest loves were his family and friends. He would do anything for those he loved. In the six weeks before he passed, he had “the best three weeks of his life,” when his children, his sister and brother-in-law, and his niece and nephew all came to see him. Together with his friends and family here, it was a magical mix. The memories and love we shared will be alive in all of our hearts forever. Reflecting on how we always remain alive in those we love, his latest work asserts, “I could not wipe myself from the face of the Earth even if I tried—so what chance does cancer have?” How right he is.

He was passionate about his writing, Roman and Greek history, and anything unexplained. On an around-the-country road trip with his wife Teri in 1999, he excitedly insisted on visiting every UFO “hot spot” he knew about, including driving for hours through the desert to reach the infamous Area 51. His child-like spirit was unbreakable, and he infected everyone around him.

Bill was and will always be a force of nature of which so many were privileged to experience. He will be missed immeasurably. His surviving family includes: wife Teri of Woodland Hills, California; sister and brother-in-law Barbara and Frank Lees of Sayalonga, Spain; daughter and son-in-law Gemma and Marcus Mills of Aylesbury, England; son Michael Wareing of Aylesbury, England; Granddaughter Annabelle Mills of Aylesbury England; niece Jane Lucas of Coventry, England; nephew Roy Lucas of Oxford, England; mother and father-in-law Linda and Terry Bailey of Fallbrook, California, and his Great Dane and favorite partner in crime, Mrs. Dickens.

A celebration of Bill’s life will be held on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 at 10:30 AM at Woodland Hills Church, 6115 Fallbrook Avenue, Woodland Hills, California 91367. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that you make a donation in Bill’s memory to either your favorite charity or to the LUNGevity Foundation, 2421 N. Ashland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60614.

That was so beautiful Teri and so fittig for him. I am sure he had his spirit CD on.

He was so special and had left a mark on so many lives that he touched. He was truly blessed and everyonr who knew him was truly blessed to have him in their lives.

Heaven has received a special gift.

Thinking of you with much love.

Maryanne

Beautiful! It was an incredible tribute to an amazing man. Your love and commitment shines through your words. The two of you had a connection that is a true blessing. I pray all those incredible memories help to give you strength and peace.

Thank you for sharing

COntinued prayers to you,

Dana

Oh Teri -

I have avoided the site for a couple of months, and just read this...

I am SO sorry!!! Bill's infectious, good-humor will certainly be missed - I am just so saddened to read this.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences, and wishes for comfort during this difficult time...

I will keep you in my prayers. And next time I am in Sedona, I will find a special promontory to sit upon, and will burn some sage and bury a crystal there in Bill's memory.

Hugs for you, Teri. You have been a wonderful, caring wife & partner. May you find peace, and solace in the memories of the wonderful adventures you've shared together. Bill knew the secrets of the spirit, and as such, his will be with you always, 'til you meet again...

With Hugs & Sympathy,

Stacey