Meet me in Cedar Rapids- PLEASE READ!

KatieB

I'm calling all members who'd like to be a part of the LAF Presidential Candidates Cancer Forum in Cedar Rapids, IA, to join me in Cedar Rapids on August 27, 28.

Let's make a lung cancer presence there!!

Right now there will be me-

Katie Brown- LCSC/LUNGevity

Lori Hope, LC Survivor who wrote the book, " Help Me Live: 20 Things People with Cancer Want You to Know. "

Tracy Sestili, The Beverly Fund- Curing LC one breath at a time.

------------------->>> Come on guys! This is a great event and a great reason to get us all together. We are also discussing matching shirts to make a bigger impact with our presence.

Let me know!!

It is the Lance Armstrong Presidential Candidate's Cancer Forum. This will be a forum where the LAF asks our candidates what the plan to do about making cancer a national priority if they are elected.

I am trying to find out if the audience/attendees gets to ask questions or if there will be a town-hall like meeting where we can pose questions as well to these candidates.

There is always media, so those of us going will be sending pre-event press releases for the next month to our local media and then post-event press releases as well to spread the word that lung cancer advocates and survivors are attending this very important event. And we are hoping to be interviewed by whatever media/press will be covering the event as well. Fingers Crossed.

The LAF Presidential Candidate's Cancer Forum tickets are free while supplies last thru the website, but I do understand that it takes money to travel to Iowa if you don't already live near there.

For anyone interested and is able to come- more info can be found at the LAF website.

www.laf.org

Details for the event are as follows:

LIVESTRONG Presidential Cancer Forum

Hosted by the Lance Armstrong Foundation

Democratic Candidate Forum, Monday, August 27, 2007

Republican Candidate Forum, Tuesday, August 28, 2007

@ U.S. Cellular Center, Cedar Rapids, Iowa