My Eyes

spicysashimi

Saw the eyedoctor today. I have "lesions" in both of my eyes, a bigger one in my left eye. They are both pretty small according to him and I still have excellent vision. He said he's fairly certain he could eliminate them with radiation and they wouldn't come back but some radiation might go to my brain which may need to be preserved for future brain radiation. Alternatively, he said, we could try systemic therapy to see if that helps.

So, I think that's the plan. Start again with Cisplatin on Monday. See if it helps my eyes. If not, maybe take a break and zap the eyes then go back to the Cisplatin. I haven't talked to my onc yet.

What with the liver and now eyeballs, its been a hell of a week and leaves me with the conclusion that the Alimta/Gemzar combo had as much cancer-killing properties as Aspirin. Scared. Frustrated. On Ativan.

I assume you mean cancerous lesions, Aaron? Guess I'm a bit naive about all this. It's something new to me, anyhow. All I can say is......well......can't actually say it here, ya know. I bet as an intelligent guy ~ lawyer that you are ~ that you could pretty much read my mind about now :twisted:!

BTW.........Ativan is my very good friend :wink: !

Good luck.

Kasey

Hi Aaron,

Well, at least now you know what it is. I am sure that doesn't make it much easier. I just don't even know what to say. I wish I could take it away for you, but hopefully the new treatment will do that. Maybe once you talk to your onc. he/she will have a suggestion. You are due for some good news now. Praying good news is just around the corner for you. There just has to be. Take care.

Aaron,

So very sorry to hear about this new development. Leave it to you to have something completely different. We need to throw weeks like these in the trash, big time. I sincerely hope the new chemo will do the duty. I'm in agreement about Alimta=Aspirin. It sucked eggs. Many hugs and understanding sent your way. Go have some fun, try to take a mental break, and relax a bit this weekend. (Yeah, that's easy, isn't it? :roll: )

Prayers.

Welthy

Aaron,

It sounds like you just keep getting bad news. It isn't fair but such is life I'm afraid. Get on the cisplatin asap and I'll continue to pray that all goes well. Is there any way to do both? Radiation and cisplatin? Eyeballs are pretty important. Are you having bad headaches as well?

I think of you and Julia very often and hope you get some good news soon.

Nina

I'm sorry Aaron....

I don't know what to say, other then to let you know I'm thinking of you, and saying an extra, extra prayer.

You must have some pretty strong shoulders, to get 'em loaded down with all of this hateful stuff that has happened to you lately...

Take care,

Nova

Hey Aaron did you notice a change in vision or a tendency to list to one side or the other?

Im tryin to figure out if I need to get my dad in to check his eyes. he has been weak but I have noticed he is listing to the left some and your post made me think there might be something to it.

Just to second what Ernie said about there being lots of things that can be "lesions" on the optic nerve. My sister has MS and has lesions on her brain and also has lesions that often flair up on her optic nerve causing spotty vision and other symptoms as well. When they flair up she is treated with IV prednisone and her symptoms gradually subside. I'm not suggesting you have MS, by the way. Just saying it might be worth getting a second opinion.