Update

raneyf

Finally had a thin-cut MRI on Monday in preparation for my SRS scheduled tomorrow. Saw doctor today and of course there are 11 tiny brain mets that showed up. So, now the plan is 3 weeks of WBR, then two week break, then start trial of docetaxel and obatoclax mesylate. I'm ready for the fun part of the roller-coaster any time now.

Well, (((Raney))).......I'm ready for the fun part of this ride too :cry: . Hang onto the knowledge that many have had brain mets treated and have gone on with no problems OR recurrences. That's my hope for you, hon. Let us prop you up and keep you as positive as possible. You're in my prayers each day.......hope they help.

Kasey

Hi Raney,

I am so sorry to hear this. This has to be so frustrating. My mom had brain mets that were completely taken care of by WBR and they were at least 2 cm in size. Keep the faith. I bet the WBR will take care of yours too. Praying for you and your family. Take care.

very similar with my dad: went in for SRS, came out having to do WBR. It's like: hello, quit kicking me when I'm down already.

bright side is that initial indications are that the WBR worked well.

I too would not mind one bit if management decided to tear down the rollercoaster; ride is getting old.

Please remain strong.

Thinking of you and just want you to know that I feel all will work out. Keep a positive attitude and keep on fighting, NEVER GIVE UP!!

I am sorry that you even have to go through this, but we are all here right in your corner, routing you on.

Keep us posted. We are here for you 24/7

Maryanne

Hi, Raney:

This brain mets thing SOUNDS troublesome, but it seems to be more reliably treatable than lung tumors and lymph nodes, and you've done very well in those arenas. So, I'd think of it as a short off-road detour rather than as a setback. Maybe our neighborhood kahuna can work up a special chant to get you in the right mood for WBR...

Aloha,

Ned

Raney,

So sorry to hear your update. I'm with you on the roller coaster and I'm patiently waiting for some good news too. I wish that things could be different for the both of us. It's just not fair! Try to keep your chin up and keep up the good fight.

Take Care,

Rachel