Introduction

Colleen20

"fillise"]Hi Colleen--My Mom is having her can on Thursday too. Mind if I wait with you? The waiting is the worst, but maybe it won't be so bad if we can do it together.

Susan

Susan - Scans were clear! Said a prayer your mom gets good results with her upcoming bone scan. Colleen

"Shelley (MLC)"]Hi Colleen...welcome to the site. Sorry for your waiting....definitely one of the hardest parts of this disease. Let us know how everything turns out and make sure to keep coming here with your questions and concerns. Shelley

Shelley - Got through to the next round! Hope your mom continues to feel well. Colleen

"recce101"]Colleen, CONGRATULATIONS from the "other" Ned!!

Getting such great scan results so soon after a IIIB diagnosis is remarkable. I gather that you didn't have a pleural effusion and that the staging was based on having a second nodule in the same lobe. Since that lobe has been removed and you had follow-up chemo, I think you have a good shot at a "cure" (which I believe technically requires 5 years without a recurrence, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong on the criteria).

Did you have symptoms which led you to have the initial x-ray? Many of us don't have symptoms until it's too late for a "cure" to be possible, and the best we can do is manage the cancer on a long term basis, like some other chronic disease. I hope you'll stick around to lend support and encouragement to others, especially new arrivals to the site.

It's also great that you got the good news just before the weekend. Did you realize it's a 3-day weekend? It is in Hawaii, where the 3rd Friday in August is Admission Day, celebrating the day in 1959 when Hawaii became the 50th state. Even if you don't live here, you have my personal invitation to celebrate it with us!

Aloha,

Ned

Hi Ned

Yes it was such a relief hearing that one little word "NED".

You are correct about more than one nodule in the same lobe making me a Stage 3B. I'm told it represents a high risk for a recurrence. I really have not had much encouragement from my oncologist, but have read several positive articles on the internet about T4N0M0.

I actually asked for the chest x-ray myself because I had an upper respiratory infection that was lingering. Never did I think it was cancer. I quit smoking in June of '98 and thought my lungs had healed and was out of the woods as far as LC. Oh well, life is full of surprises, but this is one I wish I did not have to experience. However, I believe every experience has some positive aspects.

I'm feeling well and am thankful for that. How about you Ned are you feeling well? I wish you all the best and thanks for writing to me. Colleen

Hi Coleen,

Hey, hey, hey.... WE LOVE NED!!!!

A BIG CONGRATS TO YOU!!!! :mrgreen:

I am thrilled for you.

Thank you for asking about Joel He is doing well. He gets his 3 month scan right after Labor day... sure wish NED shows he georgeous face here also.

Take care,

Maryanne :wink: