Introduction

Colleen20

Hi - I'm new to this site and I hope I'm posting in the correct manner. I have NSCLC, Stage 3B I was dx in November 06. Had CT scans of my chest, abdomen and pelvis on Friday and I'm having PET scan this Thursday followed by an appointment with my onc. on the 17th. The waiting is just horrible!!! If the news is good it is worth the wait. :D

Welcome, Colleen!!! Hope you stay around to experience the wonderful support found here. Just a question..........did you have anything going on between November and now???? It would be good to fill out a profile ~ the info you find beneath our names. Go to the upper right of the page and click on Profile and simply fill in all the info. By dong that, we can all offer you more exact info.

Kasey

Welcome Colleen,

So sorry you had to find us but you have found the best group of people to help you with questioms, support, prayers or just to vent.

I know how scared you must be. Please know that LC is not a death sentence. There are so many people on here who are stage 3B and they are doing fine.

Have confidence in your doctors and keep a positive attitude as that is half the battle there.

Keep us posted on your treatments and your tests.

Maryanne :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta love that guy, NED :lol: !!!!!! Glad to hear it, Colleen. Also thanks for the profile. Helps us all know how best to respond and also helps newbies searching for info. Thanks for posting positive news this Friday afternoon. I'm celebrating :wink: !!!!!

Kasey

Colleen, CONGRATULATIONS from the "other" Ned!!

Getting such great scan results so soon after a IIIB diagnosis is remarkable. I gather that you didn't have a pleural effusion and that the staging was based on having a second nodule in the same lobe. Since that lobe has been removed and you had follow-up chemo, I think you have a good shot at a "cure" (which I believe technically requires 5 years without a recurrence, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong on the criteria).

Did you have symptoms which led you to have the initial x-ray? Many of us don't have symptoms until it's too late for a "cure" to be possible, and the best we can do is manage the cancer on a long term basis, like some other chronic disease. I hope you'll stick around to lend support and encouragement to others, especially new arrivals to the site.

It's also great that you got the good news just before the weekend. Did you realize it's a 3-day weekend? It is in Hawaii, where the 3rd Friday in August is Admission Day, celebrating the day in 1959 when Hawaii became the 50th state. Even if you don't live here, you have my personal invitation to celebrate it with us!

Aloha,

Ned

"recce101"]Colleen, CONGRATULATIONS from the "other" Ned!!

Getting such great scan results so soon after a IIIB diagnosis is remarkable. I gather that you didn't have a pleural effusion and that the staging was based on having a second nodule in the same lobe. Since that lobe has been removed and you had follow-up chemo, I think you have a good shot at a "cure" (which I believe technically requires 5 years without a recurrence, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong on the criteria).

Did you have symptoms which led you to have the initial x-ray? Many of us don't have symptoms until it's too late for a "cure" to be possible, and the best we can do is manage the cancer on a long term basis, like some other chronic disease. I hope you'll stick around to lend support and encouragement to others, especially new arrivals to the site.

It's also great that you got the good news just before the weekend. Did you realize it's a 3-day weekend? It is in Hawaii, where the 3rd Friday in August is Admission Day, celebrating the day in 1959 when Hawaii became the 50th state. Even if you don't live here, you have my personal invitation to celebrate it with us!

Aloha,

Ned

"Kaffie"]Welcome Colleen

One thing we all have in commmon is that horrible wait at scan time :(

I get almost physically sick.

I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts to you for good scan results :!:

Will be looking for your post

Thank you for the prayers and positive thoughts....they worked!

"Maryanne"]Welcome Colleen,

So sorry you had to find us but you have found the best group of people to help you with questioms, support, prayers or just to vent.

I know how scared you must be. Please know that LC is not a death sentence. There are so many people on here who are stage 3B and they are doing fine.

Have confidence in your doctors and keep a positive attitude as that is half the battle there.

Keep us posted on your treatments and your tests.

Maryanne :wink:

Hi Maryanne - All went well with the scans!!! How is Joel doing...he looks healthy. It's just amazing how you feel fine with LC and then it sneaks up on you. Well here's hoping and praying we both do "OK" and thanks for all your good wishes. Colleen

"Nushka"]Scanxiety is the right word. Waiting is sometimes the worst part. Keeping my fingers crossed that all is well. Like Kasey said, a profile would help. Keep us posted.

Nina

Hi Nina - Loved reading your profile...gave me some encouraging thoughts as I'm sure it does to others as well. What stage were you at original dx. Take care and keep up the good work. Colleen