Kay Barmore- LUNGevity

KatieB

Kathleen 'Kay' Barmore

Dear Friends of LUNGevity:

On behalf of the Board of Directors and staff of LUNGevity, it is with deepest regret that I am writing to share with you that Kay Barmore, a co-founder of LUNGevity and Board Member Emeritus, died this morning, on August 10, 2007. Kay was an incredibly brave, generous and loyal friend and we will sincerely miss her.

Kay was a nine-year survivor of advanced lung cancer – which is a highly uncommon scenario for lung cancer survivors. Despite her treatments and personal battle with the disease, she was committed to finding a cure and worked diligently to raise funds for innovative research. We owe much of our growth as an organization to Kay’s quiet determination.

It was always a priority to Kay that our volunteers were properly thanked for their efforts. I know she greatly appreciated the time that each of you contributed to LUNGevity. Kay’s own family was a tremendous help to our organization, offering their time when we needed it the most.

Kay is survived by her husband, Kenneth, her children Christy and Thomas, her sister, Faith, and many other loving family members and dear friends.

There will be a visitation on Sunday, 8/12/07, from 4-8 pm at Wm H Scott Funeral Home, 1100 Greenleaf Ave, Wilmette (847) 251-8200. The funeral will leave on Monday, 8/13/07 at 9:30am to St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1747 Lake Ave, Wilmette for a 10am Mass. Donations may be made to LUNGevity Foundation, 2421 N. Ashland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60614.

Sincerely,

Jill Feldman

President

LUNGevity Foundation

I am So sorry to read this news. I am so sad to know that Kay has lost her very hard battle with lc. She had me followed into thinking she was the ONE that would beat this.

Kay my dear Friend, I am SOOSOSOSOSOSO |SAD AND SO SORRY!! You will be missed,

Life in heaven will be playing trunpets of music and make her music heard.

God Pease Be with Our Kay...