Do any of you play a musical instrument?

Nova

I started playing the mountain dulcimer a few months before Harry was diagnosed. I was taking lessons, but then had to quit when the cancer stuff came up.

I was just wondering if any of you play, and if so, what instrument ?

Although I'm no Pro, for sure, I find that sitting on the back porch playing a few songs, tends to calm my nerves some... it's sort of soothing, and makes you forget what's REALLY going on!

Take care all,

Love,

Nova

Sorry to say that I don't play any musical instruments now but when I was younger I played the piano and the clarinet. I played first chair clarinet all through college. I guess that's an instrument you just don't have a use to play during your adult life unless it's a profession. I have tried guitar lessons and can't take the pain it takes to build tough fingers...lol! I love the dulcimer and am so envious of you. I'm from the mountains of Tennessee and love dulcimer music. Maybe I'll try to find a used one and take lessons. How difficult is it to learn???

Oh Ann, DO try and find yourself a used dulcimer! :D (or even a new one, if you have the "pennies")!(I know several builders that would give you a good price).

Try Ebay or even the Salvation Army Online Store for a used one. (I saw one on there for sale a few days ago).

I can't read sheet music, so I've learned to play by Tablature, which is a simple form of reading notes. It's really fun, and the people I've met that play, are so nice and helpful.

I really think you would enjoy it!

We could be a 3 man/woman band, with "P.S. Ilove you", being our guitar player! :D

I played the mello---Cello when I was growing up. I played in the Arch-diocese of Boston Orchestra and the Boston Junior Symphony Orchestra. That was many moons ago.

I have an Organ in my living room that I try to make music with, I never took Organ lessons.

Donna G

Nova,

All I can play is the radio. Bill plays guitar and he's teaching our grandsons, but me.......duh???...... but I love music and listen often.

Years ago we traveled through Mountain City, TN and visited a shop where a man was making Dulcimer's. Good memories. Hopefully one day I'll hear you play.

All this dulcimer talk is really getting to me. I'm getting ready to hit ebay....lol! My best friend's hubby and some of his friends get together every Tuesday night and have a "pickin" session. Most of the guys are Shriners and they play in the Shriners Hillbilly Band. All of the tips they get while playing are donated to the Shriners Childrens Hospital. I would love to be able to play with them. Right now, I do sing occasionally with them.

Nova,

You bring back memories,

my family all played instruments

even got a mandoline as a gift

when I was three years old.....

I think the teacher payed my mother

to be able to stop teaching me.

Love music but have to listen to it

no talent as a player.

Jackie

In 8th grade I joined the 'all girl' marching band for our hs. NEVER learned to read music OR play, really, but I looked GREAT pretending and marching ~ did that through senoir year!

Then as an adult (and 6th grade teacher) I got our instrumental guy to give me flute lessons. I LOVED it. I got to play a 'SOLO' in the school winter concert. Was so nervous I couldn't blow into the flute. Never really did get that song out. To this day I admire those who can get up in public and perform. Haven't touched it since. In fact, it's still on the shelf in the closet. I surely would be NO asset to an LCSC band. Maybe I could work the curtain :? !

Kasey

Hot Dog!

We have piano players, mandolin, piccilo, flute, cello, saxophone and guitar players,-- and Kasey and Laurie will be our singers! :)

I can see us all now, on "Nashville Live", 8) doing our "thang"!! :shock::D

Sure wish we could all get together and attempt to play ! (Somehow I think we would have an extreme case of the giggles by the time we finished!!!!!! )

That's so funny you said Kasey and Laurie can sing.

Bill and I had a Karaoke business for more than 10 years. We tried to sing, just last Sunday, and are pretty rusty. Guess I'd better practice, cause one never know's when the band will be ready.

Blue grass, gospel, rock n' roll.

I think we should all get together and audition for America's Got Talent. Don't you think we'd be a definitely good human interest story. We could tell the world how we all met and promote a cure for lung cancer in the process. Hey....not a bad idea for some free publicity!!!