My Dad

Sheri

He died peacefully in my arms on Monday 8-13 at 6:45 AM. I snuggled him in his hospital bed as we slept together all night. He never experienced any pain and went as most of would like to: painless and in our sleep. We never got enough time, he was comatose since August 5th. I will cling to every last word he did say upon admittance to the hospital.

His obituary:

TECUMSEH — Ronald Stanley Ott, 68, passed away Monday, Aug. 13, 2007, surrounded by his loved ones at Herrick Memorial Hospital in Tecumseh.

Ron was born Jan. 8, 1939, in Chatham, Ontario, Canada, the son of Stanley and Louise (McLean) Ott. Ron was a 1957 Lakeville Memorial High School graduate. Upon graduation Ron enlisted in the United States Navy where he served honorably as a naval officer until his retirement in 1977. On Jan. 12, 1996, Ron married Mabel Haydon and she survives. After retirement, Ron owned and operated Kwik Fix Windshield Repair for many years. He was an avid boxing fan and enjoyed playing hockey.

In addition to his wife, Mabel, Ron leaves behind a legacy of love in his mother, Louise Ott; his brothers, Larry (Linda) Ott and Rick (Brenda) Ott; his children, Stephen Ott, Dayna (Roger) Meyers, Sharon Ott, Ronnie Ott, and his stepson, Steven Reams. He is also survived by five grandchildren, Shannon, Lauren, Kristin, Tara and Eric; two great-grandchildren T.J and Keian, and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his father and will be deeply missed by all of his family and those who knew him.

Funeral services will be held at J. Gilbert Purse Funeral Home in Adrian, on Thursday, Aug. 16, 2007, at 2 p.m. with the Rev. David Bowman officiating. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Wednesday from 4 to 8 p.m. Interment will take place at Riverside Cemetary in Clinton, with Military Honors conducted by the Tecumseh American Legion #34 and the Tecumseh V.F.W #4187.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Southeast War Memorial Foundation, P.O. Box 3005, Orange, TX 77631, to help with the museum restoration of his favorite naval ship, the USS Orleck. Contributions can also be made to the LUNGgevity Foundation, 2421 N. Ashland Ave., Chicago, IL 60614. Condolences may be made to the family at www.pursefuneralhome.com.

I am so saddened to read your post, Sheri. Guess I was hoping for improvement and wasn't expecting it. You have been an extraordinary daughter. Hopefully that knowledge will help you through this phase of the journey. You have MANY memories to comfort you. Hope they help.

Kasey

I'm so sorry for your loss Sheri. Please accept my deepest symphathies.

I wish I had some words of wisdom to say to you. Please know you are in my heart. I know the pain of losing a father.

Maryanne :cry: