3 Long Years - 3 Short Years

ginnyde

It will be 3 years on Saturday since Earl died. In many ways it seems like forever. But in the important ways, it seems like yesterday. As I have said so often, the excrutiating ache has eased, but not the missing. The tears flow but not very frequently. I get mad at him sometimes like today when the company that is putting in my new garage door told me to disable the garage door opener, DUH!

As many here have done, people move on to new relationships. Can't seem to convince myself that it would be worthwhile. Lonely, you betcha, but the few men I have met just seem to be looking for someone to take care of them - not interested. Having fun, you betcha. Loads of friends, golf, movies, dinners, lunches, games, trips, woman's club, book club, dinner group etc. And BTW I work 3 days a week (Have to pay my greens fees somehow).

For the recent members of this widow(ers) society, I want you to know that their is fun and happiness still to be had. As the saying goes 'Life is for the living' and while we have this wonderful thing called life, we should live it to the fullest.

I am grateful for every minute I had with Earl. I have no regrets except that we were robbed of more time. Saturday is a milestone, a marker, but it will be no sadder than any other day of the last 3 years. As Pat would say, I miss him like fire.

I am sorry that so many of you here will understand this post.

" Tis better to have love and lost than to have never loved before" SOunds kinda strange but actually makes sense sometimes. Glad you are ok. Sending hugs and prayers for strength andf peace today and always..

Ginny,

How can it be... 3 years since "the Duke" passed? It doesn't seem possible. You are such an inspiration and your post is just what I needed to hear today. You sound wonderful. I'm very happy for you. Hope you are having lots of fun..I know that is what Earl would have wanted for you.

Luv,

Sue

Ginny,

Thanks for sharing your personal thoughts and giving others inspiration. Time is a funny thing -- sometimes it moves excruciatingly slow and other times far too fast.

Glad the happy times are rising to the surface of your memories.

God bless as you live each day to it's fullest.

Welthy

Ginny,

It seems like only a month ago when I was writing that I couldn't believe it was 2 years since the Duke was gone. Time seems to gain speed when you get older...

I remember being new and reading about the Duke, your relationship with him always seemed like a modern day fairy tale.

I'm glad you are still around, its always good to see your posts. You continue to remain the example of grace and dignity you always have been.

I hope that this Saturday is filled with warm memories.

Hi Ginny, Had been thinking of you this month knew it would be three years but didn't know the exact date. From your posts and talking to you a couple of times knew you would live life to the fullest. It's the little things like a funny story you know he would enjoy, or juicy gossip, or garage doors that don't work that it hits you like a lead brick. But life is good when the golf score is low and friends and family are high.LOL Carolyn

((((((((((Ginny)))))))))

It's so nice to have such a good friend to hug!!!

Three years...can it possibly be? It seems that there are times when clocks stop ticking, the world stops spinning and we stop breathing. During these times, life is as it was...if only in our memories. I love those times, as it makes me feel close rather than almost five years away.

You have been such a great friend and real inspiration to so many spouses that have lost their loves. The love you and Earl shared is felt by so many of us, just by reading your posts through the years. I'll raise a toast to "The Duke" on Saturday and ask him to check in on Dennis!!!

It doesn't seem possible that it has been 3 years since you were keeping us posted on the Duke. I am so glad you have stayed with us. You mean the world to many of us Ginny. Keep on living life to the fullest and hit that ball one time off the tee for me.

Nina

Ginny,

Thank you for sharing those intimate thoughts. Your posts have really helped me, one of the new ones, here.

I am so sorry that you lost the love of your life. I'm so grateful to you for wanting to share that there is joy to be found -- just a different kind. And that you never stop missing Earl. Of course you don't, and I'm certain you never will.

Ginny,

Nice to hear your positive words. Leave it to such a gracious lady to think of others even when faced with losing Earl too soon. Your inspiring words remind me to cherish the memories and to remember to try to live life fully.

I hope Saturday was full of good memories like every other day!

Lynne

Ginny-

I can't believe it has been 3 years. You had a great guy so he is naturally a hard act to follow. My mom was much like you after my dad died, she traveled and did things but she wasn't interested in dating much. She has been very happy alone. I am so glad you've stayed here.

Rochelle

Hi Ginny,

I got tired reading your post. Do you have time to sleep?

Like the others, I can't believe it's been three years! It seems like only yesterday that we were reading your updates on the Duke. I know you miss him and will always love him. Even though we all knew it was coming, we dreaded reading your post when it happened. I know Earl was a wonderful man and you and he had so much fun together. His light was extinguished way too early.

Take care, Ginny!

Love,

Peggy

P.S. I talked the boss into hiring someone to help with the accounting! :D:D:D