My sister's August CT Scan

KleenTeeth

I have been quiet about Diana as she seemed to be doing so well and there was nothing to report. Now I am concerned and do not know what to think; and neither does she. Here is what her email to me states:

<<>>

I don't blame her for being upset; I am sure I would be too. Diana and I are ones that wants things over yesterday, so this is a real set back for both of us. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I would think it is normal to find fluid there as the chemo/radiation wouldn't clear the fluid, it would only kill the cells. She has told me in the past the fluid was there as she had decreased lung sounds. Thanks for everything. Since Diana has been diagnosed, I have had more friends diagnosed with some form of cancer. Does this ever stop?

Sorry about that! The computer Gods are against me, I think!!! :lol: Diana had CT scan and this is the email that she sent me this morning:

<<>>

I realize the chemo/radiation she had didn't remove the fluid from her lungs. Maybe if the MD had said he had to tap the lungs after (or before) she wouldn't be so upset? Any words I can tell her?

Those Computer Gods! :lol: Diana needed to have her lungs tapped and she was upset as her MD never told her this was going to be done. But anyway, she got her results and the fluid is CANCER FREE!!! Now she meets with her surgeon this Tuesday and her MD a week later to see if she is a candidate for surgery. She was told her tumor is smaller and it looks like swiss cheese. I guess another PET scan is called for, but I don't know when. I just had to share the good news!

Thank you one and all for your prayers and support. I am amazed at how many of my friends have developed some form of cancer since I have found out about Diana. I will keep you posted on Diana. I should know more in about 1-2 wks. As a hygienist, we do oral cancer exams and preach to our patients about the dangers of smoking. I am giving my first continuing education seminar in Oct....guess what I am including in my seminar??? Information on cancer! Thank you all!